Tordex Community

Full Version: Image viewer plugin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Could we have a plugin that simply shows a picture? It can be from any source. Local file, web, whatever. It needs to be able to parse a web page in a similar way to Weather Monitor, so that a randomly named image could be easily grabbed.

Uses I see for this plugin are displaying weather maps, webcams, pic-of-the-day's, etc.

Given the imaginative qualities of many fellow board members, I'm sure novel uses will be found!
This would make it unstable as ####. Try creating a toolbar with lots of big thumbnails and full of plug-ins and many .png as backgrounds... then you will get about the same stability as with such a huge plug-in running on explorer.exe
I don't get any problems with crashes! Our picture archives are in TLB menu's, with thumbnails from 80 to 256, depending on the content. I have yet to have a crash whilst it's displaying any of these menu's.

On PC's with only a little (<=128Mb) memory then yes, this would be a problem.
Stability is affected more by programming than the size of plugins. Even on machines with very little RAM, the large plugins would only slow it down, not make it unstable, as long they were written well. Besides, I don't see what would make HorusUK's suggested plugin necesarily any larger than Weather Monitor. It might take up a bit more resources when running, but it's a plugin. If you don't like it, don't use it. I for one would like to see this functionality, either as a seperate plugin (i.e. Universal Data Fetcher), or as a part of weather monitor.
Bump!

Apologies for my being cheeky. Big Grin
HorusUK Wrote:Bump!

Apologies for my being cheeky. Big Grin

Bump, bump 8)

I was just thinking this would be cool. Perhaps just a thumbnail pic on the TLB, but when clicked, either enlarges that thumbnail in a frame to view or a menu of thumbnails to choose from.

I would love this for pics of the family!
Or maybe better is this suggestion, which I did not see until I posted:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://forum.tsoftcentral.com/viewtopic.php?t=2317">http://forum.tsoftcentral.com/viewtopic.php?t=2317</a><!-- m -->

Idea