Tordex Community

Full Version: Flickering glitch with Direct X - Animated Plugins Flicker on Full Screen
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been using TLB for some time now, and I'm wondering if this is a problem that can be fixed or not.

While playing most Direct X video games in full screen mode, plugins like Media Control, TLBClock, and Uptime flicker over the game itself, which tends to slow down the FPS in the games, and generally annoy me as well.

It appears that the plugins are just redrawing themselves. For instance if you stop song scolling and the song is paused and there is no movemvent on the Media Control plugin, then the problem of that plugin flickering goes away.

Is there a way to make TLB notice the presence of a fullscreen app, and have it's plugins stop trying to redraw to the screen? This is the only major flaw I've found in TLB, and it would be excellent if it could be resolved somehow (other than the obvious: not using these plugins). Thanks.
I play full screen games all the time and have never seen this problem. Can you give us some system details? Besides the normal OS, TLB, and plugin versions, it might be helpful to include video card model, driver version, and DirectX version. (By the way, you might also make sure you're using the latest versions.)

Here's mine:
NVIDIA GeForce2 MX 400 - driver version 5.2.1.6
DirectX version 9.0b

P.S. I love your avatar!
DirectX 9.0b
ATI Radeon 9600 (this has also happened with the Radeon 9000 that I had before)
ATI CATALYST Driver 4.1 (this has happened with many different driver versions 3.9,3.8,3.7,etc)
I'm using Multi-Monitor configuration (2 monitors both on the Radeon 9600 card), but I've had the problem before when only one monitor was present.
I'm using Windows XP SP1.
TLB Version 2.2.0.7 (I've had same problem with other versions)
Media Control Plugin v2.6 (same problem with all versions)
TLB Clock v1.2

Problem tends to occur more frequently during menu screens, and movie playback, but has occured during 3D gameplay.

I've attached an image so you have an example.
I have encountered the same problem for several times as well.
But in these days it's rather rare for me. When it happens I just set the start panel to auto-hide or put the TLB plug-ins into sub menus.
Cannot reproduce Sad