Tordex Community

Full Version: UK TV Listings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What do you think so far?

Here i'm getting the strings from http://www.radiotimes.com/tv/now.html

There can be a slight problem guessing the next programme if the now programme is quite long.
Here's another example with the times:
Looks good so far! I'll take a look at the page and see what I can come up with too!

Once we've got tooltip templates, this will ROCK!
there are things i'd like to ask about the TV listings...
at first i'm really impressed about this feature, cuz it's really useful. Smile
When i tried makin' my own TV listing, i faced some problems:
i couldn't manage to make multilines for it. Are multilines Possible? Cuz if there are lots of information ( 4 ex: Title, years, director & so on... ) it's too long 4 one line, how should i solve this problem? ???
Hello dziewuliz

Can you post just a little example of what you are trying to do? Including the page to be parsed would help quite a bit as well. Perhaps one of us can get you started on your way!
Example (sorry 4 shitty link, my own ftp suspended at the time =])
The example of my TV listings are shown above. Two things i don't like about it: 1st the TV stations are only on the picture (like skin), so there are no possibilities for them to be change d. 2nd I couldn't manage to take strings from different parts of ie page. I mean 4 ex. i'd like to take time, inf, and tv station for the same line. Is that possible?
thanx a lot
dziewuliz Wink
dziewuliz Wrote:I mean 4 ex. i'd like to take time, inf, and tv station for the same line. Is that possible?
thanx a lot
dziewuliz Wink
Can you give me the URL of the actual page you want to get the information from, and I'll take a look and see if I can help tidy things up for you. Smile

Also, try modifying the menu width in TLB Settings as an interim measure.
the page u asked 4, HorusUK
http://www.manotv.lt/cgi-bin/tv_now.cgi

but still i didn't understand the meaning of this function:
Quote:Also, try modifying the menu width in TLB Settings as an interim measure.

thanx
sorry 4 this1
No problem! Maybe this graphic will help:
[Image: metricsmenuwidth.gif]

If you change the Max menu width setting, it may help.
Maybe make use of XMLTV?
that way we europeans can use your plugin