Tordex Community

Full Version: Menus too confusing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Great program, but I find that the menus are too confusing when you enable the standard context menus. I get confused between operating on the shortcuts and operating on the real object.

Currently, Explorer menu items appear at the top of the context menu, and TLB menu items underneath. I would like there to be an option so that Explorer menu items appear instead in a sub-menu. This is similar to Microsoft's 'Target Menu' Win 95 powertoy that still works on newer Windows (this powertoy adds a 'Target >' item to the context menu of shortcut files, that leads to a sub-menu that is the same as the context menu for the linked-to file).

If not a sub-menu, then a single two-column approach would be good too - TLB functions like 'Rename Shortcut' and 'Remove Shortcut' on the left side, and the real-object operations like Cut/Copy/Paste and Properties on the right.

It's just too confusing when you mix virtual folders and normal shortcut menus to remember which is which.
Have you seen the TLB context menu options (right click on TLB -> TLB Settings... -> Context Menu on left-hand pane)?

In the future, it might save some time to first check out the TLB FAQ, then do a search in the forums. This TLB feature was implemented as a direct result of a suggestion like this made some time ago in the forums.
Thank you shapeshifter, and sorry for the newbie post (registered TLB only last week). I promise I did check out the FAQ without joy, though admittedly didn't search the forum.

I looked at the TLB Settings dialog but just didn't think to examine the combo boxes. I saw the 'Show icons in menu' checkbox and just expected the option to be there if it existed. However I've found it now and appreciate the added flexibility.