Tordex Community

Full Version: recycle bin, doesnt show if i have stuff in it
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
the recycle bin icon doesnt show where the recycle bin is either empty or full, for example if i have something in there the icon shows an empty recycle bin
What versions of TLB and Windows do you use?
v2.2 and windows xp
Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe this bug has been corrected in the latest beta.
Quote:Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe this bug has been corrected in the latest beta.
Yes.
We have noticed that our recycle bin does not change from empty icon to full icon at this time. We had not placed the recycle bin in the TLB before.
I cannot reproduce this bug. Maybe this is incompatibility with some of other software? Do you use something to change icon of recycle bin or maybe some type of "undelete" software?
We do use other icons instead of the default icons. Hmmmm.......now that you mention it, how does one use full and empty with non-Windows icons in TLB?
If you set other icon in TLB then recycle bin will be always with this icon. Do not set the icon.
It's been a bug for several versions -- always considered it a minor one. The icon will reflect the current state of your recycle bin, if you right click your TLB and select 'refresh'... For some reason, it doesn't seem to do this automatically...
Maybe something wrong with windows Sad
Please can you test the same with Quick Launch?
Yuri -
We tried using use the standard Windows icons for the Recycle Bin in the Quick Launch Bar. The icons change correctly in the Quick Launch Bar from empty to full but if the empty icon is changed to a custom icon the icon does not change in Quick Launch Bar when the Recycle Bin gets full.
Upon further testing - the Windows standard Recycle Bin icon does not act consistantly in Quick Launch.
I had this problem too up until I did my fix which I stated under the explorer crashes section. I didn't worry about the icon though. But I've tested with different icons when I read this post and all seems well. So somehow the registry for tlb is getting currupted. I suggest everyone who is having this problem with there recycle bin to try my technique by replacing the ntuser.dat files. See if it works or not. This will help Yuri to norrow the problem down a bit.
TLB do not write any registry values to track icons changes. TLB uses standard method to get ntification about icon chage. This is true for for any icon: Recycle Bin, DialUp Connections, Printers, etc.

If shortcut inside Quick Launch it must chage icons too. If it does not chage icons then there are some problems in the explorer settings. I'll try to find the why this happens.

BTW do you use software like Windows XP Optimizer or something like this. This type of software can destroy some explorer settings, and the sending notifications too.
Pages: 1 2