Tordex Community

Full Version: SERIOS BUG: links to drives in "my computer" ... - ...cause problems with removable drives
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi!

i like TLB a lot that's why i just registered. but i have one serious problem with it, that's REALLY annoying:

i have made myself a menu in TLB that contains links to all drives, including removable drives (DVD etc.).

1. now when THE SAME CD is in the drive, that was in the drive when i created the link, everythign works fine: clicking the link will start the autorun of the cd resp. open the drive when the cd has no autorun.

2. BUT when another cd is in the drive and i click the link i get a error message: "link problem - the drive or network resource that 'Drive H.lnk' is reffering to is not available. make sure it is available and try again." (translated from german error message, may look at little differnt in english).

3. when i create a link to such a drive while there is no cd at all in the drive, then put a cd in and then click the link, i get a different error "Missing Link - H:\ is being searched for. Click on Browse to search it for yourself."

i DO NOT have these problems when i use links to the drive independently from TLB, e.g. on the desktop.

it would be wonderful if you could fix that bug, because it renders TLB unusable to me to a certain degree.

thanks a lot!

r.

p.s.:
windows version: win xp sp 1 build 2600
tlb version: 3.0
Quote:1. now when THE SAME CD is in the drive, that was in the drive when i created the link, everythign works fine: clicking the link will start the autorun of the cd resp. open the drive when the cd has no autorun.

2. BUT when another cd is in the drive and i click the link i get a error message: "link problem - the drive or network resource that 'Drive H.lnk' is reffering to is not available. make sure it is available and try again." (translated from german error message, may look at little differnt in english).
I've reproduced the bug. After restart this link work corretly. Please try to restart and tell about results. I'm working on fixing this bug.

Quote:3. when i create a link to such a drive while there is no cd at all in the drive, then put a cd in and then click the link, i get a different error "Missing Link - H:\ is being searched for. Click on Browse to search it for yourself."
This bug I've reproduced too but same bug I've found when create shortcut on desktop so maybe this is not a TLB bug.
Just installed XP SP2 v2149 and now all works fine ???
hi!

yes i have solved the problem in a similar way: i installed all the newest updates from windowsupdate (not including sp2) and now it works fine - strange...

regards,

rupert