Tordex Community

Full Version: Explorer Crash when TLB shows Control Panel Virtual Folder
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
TLB 3.2, Windows XP SP2

I have a Control Panel Virtual Folder in a TLB Folder. When I point at the folder to have it display the control panel contents, Explorer crashes.

I tried removing the .xml and setup.ini and that didn't help. I deleted the folder and recreated it (pointing at My Computer|Control Panel) and that didn't help.

Crash occurs in tlb.dll.

Used to work - don't know when it stopped. Explorer displays control panel fine.

Some unusual control panel icons I have - BDE Administrator, NVIDIA nView Desktop Manager, TweakUIXP, USB Monitor, Portable Media Devices, AvantGo Connect, Logitech Camera Control, QuickTime.
Please can you disable non standard items one by one using TweakUI?
I removed the first page of icons and it was fine.

I added them back one by one and it was fine until all were added.

I used the Refresh option and it crashed.

I added them back and Refreshed and found that the Logitech Camera Control Panel camcpl.cpl was causing the crash only when the entire menu was loaded. When it is added back after the rest of the menu is already loaded, it adds fine.

I have background load for virtual folders turned on. When I turn off background load, the menu loaded and refreshed without issue.

I have Logitech QuickCam v8.4.1 software installed.
Please can you try with this version of TLB.
Sorry to inform you it still does the same thing. The Logitech Camera Control Panel item when loaded in the background causes an explorer crash.

It doesn't happen with background loading turned off.
Thank you very much for testing. I'll download Logitech QuickCam and try to reproduce this bug.
OK, I've reproduced this bug. In the next version it will be fixed. Thank you for bug report.
Excellent - love your tech support!
Smile