Tordex Community

Full Version: Countdown timer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I think a countdown timer/alarm would be useful. Right now I use outlook to remind me when my favorite TV show is on but outlook's a bit hefty to be left running just for that purpose. Also, it's not as good for reminding me to take my laundry out in 45 minutes. My vision is a plugin that shows just a simple icon when alarms are active and a countdown clock when a countdown timer is active. For both alarms and countdowns I would have the option of being reminded a few minutes or hours in advance much like in Outlook. Also, I would have an option to snooze for an ammount of time that I specify. Alarms could be set for one-time use or scheduled for specific days of the week. Each alarm could also be turned off and on without deleting it. The alarms and countdowns could be audible, pop-ups, a flashing icon, or any combonation. You get the idea. I think a plugin like this would be of use to many people. Whaddya think?

Mike
Hmm - OK.

How about this, install True Launch Bar uptime module then click on the clock and see what happens. Big Grin

Before you rush off remember it's the the True Launch Bar uptime module not the clock.

Check here : <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.truelaunchbar.com/plugins/index.html#uptime">http://www.truelaunchbar.com/plugins/index.html#uptime</a><!-- m -->
Seems usefull but there are not alarm on it, only countdown.
There is a little program called "timeleft3" which does just this, on top of this (countdown, alarm, timer...) it also synchronizes the PC clock with a NTP server which is a request I've already seen for TLB.

So basically integrating timeleft's functions into TLB would be just GREAT !!
FYI.

:arrow: Timeleft home page
For Sure timeleft is MUCH more than a "simple" stopwatch/timing and synchro program, but if these 2 features could be implemented in the clock plugin (with the time synchro) it would already be a BIG step formward....