Tordex Community

Full Version: Creating your own plugins
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'd like to be able to create my own plugins for truelaunchbar. I am very proficient in visual basic .net. Is there any easy way for me to develop a program? is there an SDK or anything for TLB?
Yes there is, but it's Visual C++ only: Plugin SDK

And here's a useful post with additional information how to register the component.

Me and some other members on this forum use Delphi for programming. If there was a Delphi SDK, there would be surely a lot more plugins already Smile Btw, do you think your .NET plugins would run on every non-.NET computer as well?
most likely you would need to install the .net framework for the plugins to work
Yeah I was afraid of that, I'm still avoiding all .NET related stuff. I think the dependency on that framework makes it an inconvenient language choice for developing TLB plugins... Unless you're making them only for yourself of course Wink
yeah, that is a problem with the new .net language, but sooner or later all computers will have the .net framework on them