Tordex Community

Full Version: Bugs with 3.2.9
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Here are some of the bugs i found using the latest beta:

1. Overwrite sub-menu options is still not working. Each time i check the box it un-checks itself. I've set a folder to arrange by type and set it to overwrite sub-menu options but even thought it sorts icons by type in that folder, it doesn't sort icons by type in its sub-folders. This option hasn't worked for a while now and i hope can be fixed.

2. Hot keys are lost first time you install 3.2.9. After i installed 3.2.9 and restarted none of my hotkeys worked even though after i checked, all were set up correctly. I tried to change them but they wouldn't react. In the end, i had to delete all hot keys, restart TLB and then re-configure them.

Windows Version: Microsoft Windows XP Professional version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 1
Shell Version:6.0.2800.1106
Internet Explorer Version: 6.0.2800.1106
TLB version: 3.2.9
Quote:1. Overwrite sub-menu options is still not working. Each time i check the box it un-checks itself. I've set a folder to arrange by type and set it to overwrite sub-menu options but even thought it sorts icons by type in that folder, it doesn't sort icons by type in its sub-folders. This option hasn't worked for a while now and i hope can be fixed.
The check box "Overwrite sub-menu options" is not saved by design. If you don't check this box then new style will be applied for the new sub-menus only.

The bug must be fixed. Where do you set the Autoarrange option? There two tabs one for main menu and other for childs. You must change the childs options. See screenshot.

Quote:2. Hot keys are lost first time you install 3.2.9. After i installed 3.2.9 and restarted none of my hotkeys worked even though after i checked, all were set up correctly. I tried to change them but they wouldn't react. In the end, i had to delete all hot keys, restart TLB and then re-configure them.
Is after reconfiguring all OK?
Hmmm

At first it wouldn't react to setting in any of the options tabs. But after i set it exactly the same in both the child and main menu AND checked the "overwrite sub-menu options" checkboxes in both tabs it's working now.

If i just set it exactly the same in both main and child options tabs it won't work.

As for #2, it's working now but i thought i should just let you know about what happened. I wanna help you as much as i can with bug reports and i hope i'm not bugging you too much Yuri Sad
god dammit.

I lost my hotkeys too. How annoying.

Yuri,
Even after reconfiguration, my hotkeys do not work.

I have to manually reconfigure it. It works. Then a minute later, it doesn't.
STi Sev, please can you backup your toolbar and send it to me (<!-- e --><a href="mailtoConfusedupport@tsoftcentral.com">support@tsoftcentral.com</a><!-- e -->), I cannot to reproduce this bug.

Quote:At first it wouldn't react to setting in any of the options tabs. But after i set it exactly the same in both the child and main menu AND checked the "overwrite sub-menu options" checkboxes in both tabs it's working now.
But if you set the different options for main and childs AND check "overwrite sub-menu options"? The childs menu settings is changed only on settings in the "sub-menus" tabs and if "overwrite sub-menu options" is checked.

Quote:As for #2, it's working now but i thought i should just let you know about what happened. I wanna help you as much as i can with bug reports and i hope i'm not bugging you too much Yuri
Hmm... this is very strange bug. I cannot to reproduce it. I've not tested this bug on XP SP1 yet. Also maybe you have the old backup of your toolbar (that you make before updating)? You can send it to me? And the current toolbar backup too, if it is possible.
Yuri,

YGM!
STi Sev, Thank you for backup file. As I see you are using Virtual Folders only for all menus. TLB loads the content of Virtual Folder on first openning. So all hotkey begin working after the first meu opening.

It it possible to load virtual folders on startup: right-click the menu button, select appearance submenu and click "Load on Startup".
Yuri,

I don't think that's it. I enabled all of those options and it still doesn't work.
There's definitely a bug in the works here, since when I installed the new version, everything went haywire.

Right now, I'm tapping all of my hot keys, yet nothing is popping up. ;(
Do you use Windows XP?
XP SP2

Going back to old version didn't help. The new version b0rked the install.
I may have to reinstall TLB (ugh).
uninstal TLB and install old version. Let me know if old version works.
I did already and it didn't.

I went to 3.2.8 and the problem still persists.

I never had this problem before 3.2.9. I may just dump the entire config and reinstall 3.2.9 fresh.
What version you was before 3.2.9? I guess this bug appears in 3.2.8 too. I've reproduced it.
I was at 3.2.8 IIRC.
UPDATE:

I trashed the old install and started TLB anew. The problem appears to have disappeared.

I am certain that 3.2.9 b0rked the bloated install, but a rehash of everything worked well.
Pages: 1 2