Tordex Community

Full Version: Virtual folders, turning off zip file subfolders?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone,

I have a whole bunch of Virtual Folders set up, with filters to display only one file type in each folder. This works very well and I love it, except for one thing! I have a folder called Archives that only displays ZIP and RAR files and it's very slow to open because some of the zip files are quite large (with many files inside) and it loads all those zipped files for each zip as subfolders. This also slows it down because when you click the first click of a double click (to open the zip), it starts to open out the enormous subfolder menu.

I'm not sure if this zip subfolder feature is part of XP or True Launch Bar, but is there a way to turn off zip subfolder display?

Thanks.
Generally True Launch Bar works like explorer. So if you can open zip and rar files as folder in explorer then TLB show them as menu.

You can disable this feature in your Archiver software.
Yuri,
I would second this suggestion, to have an option to turn OFF searching within zip files, in the virtual folders section.
I have some files across the network that exist, that have MANY zip files in them; if I inadvertently let the mouse rest on the PARENT folder, it starts to search the zip files, and almost locks up the system

A suggestion would be to use something similar to Cerious Software's ThumbsPlus - regardless of windows settings, they have a setting to
treat zip folders as an actual folder and search within it, OR
turn OFF searches within zip folders

(Also, where would the ARCHIVER be to turn this off; turning OFF the option in windows is not practical, as we DO want to be able to double-click, in folders, to see inside zip folders; but we do NOT want ALL zip folders searched, when we select a folder)

thanks for consideration of this

(I was just tonight writing you an email onthis, and decided to search the forums first)
this feature will be released in the next version
Yuri,
thanks for reply.

QUESTION - next release date approximate? :)

QUESTION
I assume that when you select ALWAYS SHOW as ZIP, then it will NOT open the zip files by default, and keep the contents hidden unless we double-click on the specific ZIP file?

QUESTION -
is this then a GLOBAL (applying to all folders) option, or a folder-specific option (with option to make it totally global)?

For me, a global setting would be fine, as long as when I get to a desired ZIP or CAB folder, I can double-click and open it

thanks
Nick
Quote:QUESTION - next release date approximate? Smile
The end of January

Quote:I assume that when you select ALWAYS SHOW as ZIP, then it will NOT open the zip files by default, and keep the contents hidden unless we double-click on the specific ZIP file?
With the settings as on screenshot zip will be shown as file not as menu. So you can click them to open zip in your archiver software.

Quote:is this then a GLOBAL (applying to all folders) option, or a folder-specific option (with option to make it totally global)?
Global.
Yuri,

sounds very good

thanks
Nick