Tordex Community

Full Version: Text is being cut off
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I can't figure out a way to have all the text displayed when the mode of operation is icon + menu item + columns > 1. See attachment. Thanks.

I am using version 3.2.10 beta 32 bit (64 bit is worse)
right-click->View->Multicolumn text menu.

This must helps.
Yes, the text is complete in "Multicolumn text view" Mode, but this menu has several divider or seperator bars on it and in the "Multicolumn text view" mode the seperator bars don't stretch all the way across all columns, but just one, so it works, but looks rather disjointed with the seperator bars across only one column. I hope you understand what I'm trying to say. Thanks.
Well, then:
TLB Settings->Metrics->Max width of buttons with text->Small Buttons

Increase this value. Let me know about results.
That setting, currently at 1000, doesn't seem to make any difference one way or another. The text remains fixed in length.
What True Launch Bar version do you use?
Also try to refresh the menu (right-click in menu and "Refresh").
I am using version 3.2.10 beta 32 bit (64 bit is worse)

Refresh changes nothing.
In the image I attached, I neglected the seperator bar. Here's a portion of the menu with the seperator bar.
Quote:I am using version 3.2.10 beta 32 bit (64 bit is worse)
Ok. Sorry Confusedhock:

BTW why 64 bit is worse

Quote:Refresh changes nothing.
OK, I've reproduced the bug. In the next version this bug will be fixed. Thanks.
Hello once again. When I say that the 64 bit version is worse, what I mean is that more of the text is cut off--not a lot more, but still more for some reason. However on the 64 bit platform, the screen resolution is higher than on the 32 bit version. But since you are able to reproduce the problem, you'll no doubt have the same fix for the 64 bit version. You're very good at assuring reliable cross-latform fixes. Thanks for your quick responce.
Hey ... i want exactly this, what is called a bug here ... before i reinstalled windows i had it that way ... i had a heading, that reached over all columns and under it where the elements ... then a new heading over all columns and again elements. just like in the picture above.

but after reinstalling windows this wasn't possible anymore ... what do i have to do to use this feature?

i am using version 4.0

thx
Hi anchelito,

right-click the menu in question and make sure these two highlighted options are checked:

[Image: tlbmulticolumnsk6.png]

You may play around with the icon/thumbnail options on top of the menu afterwards.
Aww Thanks Shield! You taught me something new. Big Grin
ah ... wonderful ... that's what i was looking for ... thank you very much.