Tordex Community

Full Version: Windows Messenger Control plugin v1.0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Windows Messenger Control plugin v1.0 released.

Features:
* Shows contacts as menu
* Shows your current status as icon
* Shows the status of every contact
* Start text conversation (just click the contact you need)
* Start voice/video conversation via right-click menu
* Change your current status (right-click the WMC menu button)
* Order contacts by Name or/and Offline-Online
* Auto-hide offline contacts
* Show user Idle status

Currently this plugin have only the basic features. If you have any suggestions/comments - you are welcome Smile

Download

PS. 64-bit version will be released shortly
PPS. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays
This could be a popular plugin. I just found the following issues, I've already reported some, let me just summarize them all below:

1) After enabling the option "Show online only contacts", the contacts are hidden one-by-one the next time the menu is opened. This doesn't look very pretty and is really slow on my system.
2) When there are many contacts, it causes the list to scroll. That's fine, but when you scroll the list down and then hide offline contacts, it causes empty spots to appear at the bottom, while the top items become invisible.
3) When disabling the option "Show online only contacts", the offline contacts remain hidden and they have to be unhidden manually by choosing "Show all hidden".
4) After I'd signed off, it took a long time (about a minute) before all items were removed from the list (again one-by-one), and the "Sign in" option to become enabled.
5) After having signed off, I tried to delete the plugin. This caused explorer.exe to freeze, and it had to be killed and restarted.

Some other suggestions:
1) Change the text "Show Online Only contacts" into "Only show online contacts" or "Hide offline contacts"
2) Put the number of contacts (online and total) in the tooltip for the plugin, for example "Online: 3/20".
A sorting option is an absolute *must*

Sort by Status
Sort by SigninName (email addy)
Sort by FriendlyName
FireW0lf Wrote:A sorting option is an absolute *must*

Sort by Status
Sort by SigninName (email addy)
Sort by FriendlyName
Currently WMC support sort by Status and FriendlyName. Sort by Sort by SigninName will be added.