Tordex Community

Full Version: Weather Forecast - Yahoo service retired
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
"As of Thursday, Jan. 3, 2019, the YQL service at query.yahooapis.com is retired."

YQL service

"To continue using our free Yahoo Weather APIs, use https://weather-ydn-yql.media.yahoo.com/forecastrss as your new API endpoint."
Hello

Happy year 2019 to all

+ 1 since Thursday 03 01 2019
+ 1 такая же петрушка...

Thank you for information. I've requested credentials for Weather API. When I get answer, I'll fix Weather Monitor plugin.
Thanks Yuri. Glad to hear you are on it.
Thanks for the quick fix, Yuri! The plugin is working again now, but unfortunately it calculates the pressure incorrectly. I think it considers the input is in millibars, while its data XML (stored in %AppData%) shows the input is in inches of mercury:
Code:
<yweather:units distance="mile" pressure="inchHg" speed="m/h" temperature="F"/>
Other units seem to be OK.

Also, it would be nice to update timezones.xml file which is from 2011. It's wrong for Russia at least, where e.g. MSD/MSK should be "+0300", otherwise the weather update time displayed in the tooltip has a one-hour shift.

There is another minor glitch with it: when a 24-hour time format is used, everything is displayed correctly except the "12:MM AM" times from <lastBuildDate> XML field, which are shown as "12:MM" and not the "00:MM". Really noticed it only while composing this bug report, so I can't say yet if there is a similar problem with "12:MM PM" times.
BTW, concerning that update time shown in the tooltip - maybe it's worth to display the real weather update time stored in the <pubDate> XML field instead of the time of a last data request? I think it'd make much more sense from a user's point of view.
Thanks, Yuri! Happy New Year Smile
Спасибо Юрий!
Just a few days ago the Weather Forecast plugin stopped working for me. No data displayed at all. I uninstalled it, rebooted, then installed the current version, but still just the same. The popup box displaying current conditions just tells me over and over 'N/A', and there's no forecast. Is this a terminal death now, or is there a fix for this?
Please post here the value of the Location field from the Weather Monitor properties. I'll check it.
Thank you, Yuri. Unfortunately I can't give that info, because when I tried to fix the issue here I clicked on the Verify button and got this error message:

Quote:Failed to connect to weather-ydn-yql.media.yahoo.com port 443: Bad access

I then entered my city (Exeter, Uk), and the Verify button got the same error response. I didn't think at the time to record the numerical location before trying that, so I don't know what it was.

I've tried allowing all outgoing requests in the Windows Firewall (via Windows Firewall Control), and also made a rule allowing tlbhost.exe to make outward connections, but nothing changes. Any ideas?
When I updated Windows recently I started getting failures and had to switch Internet Connection setting from Use Windows Internet Settings to Direct Connection to the Internet.
(05-26-2019, 07:39 AM)DJG Wrote: [ -> ]When I updated Windows recently I started getting failures and had to switch Internet Connection setting from Use Windows Internet Settings to Direct Connection to the Internet.

In my case I tried both of those, and it made no difference.
Pages: 1 2