Tordex Community

Full Version: TLB - No function after installation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I installed TLB many times before, and I've read through the posts in the forum, but I still can't get TLB to work.

I have Windows XP Professional SP2.

All I want to do is have the Winamp control buttons on the taskbar.

1) I installed TLB, restarted
2) Right-clicked on the taskbar

But there is only "Desktop," "Quick Launch" and "New Toolbar..." under the "Toolbars" menu.

I tried to run tlbhost.exe from C:\Program Files\TrueLaunchBar, but it only shows a gray "Demo" box, and I can't seem to do anything with that.

I would appreciate any help! Thanks.

Edit: By the way, when I updated TLB, I installed Media Control Plugin 4.2, and Winamp2.x/5.x support 2.2. The TLB version is the latest one from the website.
Quote:But there is only "Desktop," "Quick Launch" and "New Toolbar..." under the "Toolbars" menu.
Usually this menu must contain some other toolbars too. Please check is this registry key exists:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Component Categories\{00021492-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}
Yuri Kobets Wrote:Usually this menu must contain some other toolbars too. Please check is this registry key exists:

I have the registry key. Under that, there are two things:

Name: Default / Type: REG_SZ / Data: (value not set)

and

Name: 400 / Type: REG_SZ / Data: Desktop Bands.
Please can you post the screenshot of the "Toolbars" menu?

Also do you use any Windows optimization software?
Here's an attachment of the picture of the toolbar.

I have some parts of the FlyakiteOSX program installed (it changes some visual styles, bootscreen, icons, and log-in menu to look like an Apple computer).

I have no other windows customization program installed.

P.S. I have Windows XP Professional SP2 in English, but I set some Korean regional settings.
I guess you have problems with registry or/and with some system file.
By default this menu must to contain Links, Address and Media Player toolbars also. I really don't know how do you remove these items.

"Quick Launch" and "Desktop" toolbars are added by different way.
Sorry I don't know how to help you. If you want to find the problem contact me by MSN or ICQ (see my profile).
I have the same kind of problem except ihave all of the other toolbars in the toolbars menu EXCEPT for the TLB toolbar. I didnt find the Reg Key you mentioned above either
If you can't to find this key:

So uninstall TLB, create this key and install TLB again. Maybe you need to restart computer.
Can you please explain how to do that?
I installed the key and everything works great. Thanks for such a great product