Tordex Community

Full Version: Make Taskbar buttons appear in TLB menu?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I would like to get the taskbar buttons to appear in a Menu button of
TLB. This way I can avoid the scummy looking, clumsy default MS way of doing things if the "Group similar taskbar buttons" option is not selected.

My TLB takes about 80% of the taskbar space. I have only a couple of tray icons unhidden. This leaves about 15% space for taskbar buttons of open or minimized windows. As soon as I get more than a couple of open windows I see some grey up/down arrows appear and have to use those to find the window I want. I figure a TLB menu with taskbar buttons dynamically created inside it would be magnificent.

Is there a way to achieve this? Big Grin
If not, maybe a future feature?:lol:

Cheers
K
This feature will be released as plugin. soon.

BTW 80% for TLB is too much. Create menus and move some shortcuts there. You can setup TLB to avoid clicks to open menus. This is much better then place all shortcuts on toolbar Wink
same problems happen in my taskbar.
the feature Kriten mentioned above is what i want.
long for such plugin
Great to hear this feature is on the cards.

Quote:BTW 80% for TLB is too much.

But 25% is taken up by Clock and Volume plugins, 5% by Start

I have 9 menu icons and only 7 icons for system things
that usually appear in MyComputer. I suppose I could put them
in a menu but it seems so convenient where they are Big Grin

Is there a systemic reason for 80% being too much?
(Like it uses too many resources)

Cheers
K
kriten

Do you realize that you can move the TLB to the right, left, top or bottom of the screen? Then you can have a whole screen's width for TLB and your Taskbar would be available for more items.
Quote:Is there a systemic reason for 80% being too much?
(Like it uses too many resources)
No there are no restrictions Smile
Quote:Do you realize that you can move the TLB to the right, left, top or bottom of the screen? Then you can have a whole screen's width for TLB and your Taskbar would be available for more items.

Yep! Thanks Q.
Already have mine at the top with the taskbar. But I really want to save screen real estate. Picky I know, but that's me 8)

Cheers
K
A big thanks to the Window List Plugin developers.
Downloaded and installed and in use as I type.
Much nicer than Alt-Tab.

Well done guys!
Thanks.

K