Tordex Community

Full Version: How to use Yahoo Mail in 2021 with the Mail Monitor plugin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everybody,

I've searched through the Forum and found an occasional mention of problems with Yahoo Mail, but I was unable to find a definitive answer to my problem, which is simply "how to make the Mail Monitor plugin work with Yahoo Mail".

I gather IMAP is not a supported email format? It would be nice if this was clearly mentioned somewhere on the Mail Monitor plugin page, but it isn't. That's an unfortunate oversight and cost me a lot of wasted effort; please add that fact to the page, if it's true.

Is this still the case, after all these years, that Mail Monitor cannot support IMAP?

What about simple POP logins then?

I've tried every combination I can think of, but nothing I've attempted permits successful logging in to my Yahoo Mail account. 

There is no Allow apps that use less secure sign in setting visible anywhere on my Yahoo Mail Security Settings page, in spite of many people on the Internet insisting there is such an entry. Enabling this setting in Gmail was the only way I was finally able to get the Mail Monitor plugin to work with Gmail, and I was hopeful doing the same for Yahoo Mail might solve its problem too.

I tried the Generate and manage app passwords option which is there, and which some people maintain is the effective replacement for the defunct "Allow apps that use less secure sign in" feature ... but that didn't work for me either. Perhaps the password it generated may work, but I'm making an error elsewhere in the Mail Monitor plugin Server settings or something?

In other words: does anybody know of the magic combination of settings that will permit the Mail Monitor plugin to actually work with Yahoo Mail? If so, please share precisely what your settings are.

Thanks and best wishes to all from Fremantle, Western Australia.
(04-08-2021, 11:44 PM)Columbus Wrote: [ -> ]Hi everybody,

I've searched through the Forum and found an occasional mention of problems with Yahoo Mail, but I was unable to find a definitive answer to my problem, which is simply "how to make the Mail Monitor plugin work with Yahoo Mail".

I gather IMAP is not a supported email format? It would be nice if this was clearly mentioned somewhere on the Mail Monitor plugin page, but it isn't. That's an unfortunate oversight and cost me a lot of wasted effort; please add that fact to the page, if it's true.

Is this still the case, after all these years, that Mail Monitor cannot support IMAP?

What about simple POP logins then?

I've tried every combination I can think of, but nothing I've attempted permits successful logging in to my Yahoo Mail account. 

There is no Allow apps that use less secure sign in setting visible anywhere on my Yahoo Mail Security Settings page, in spite of many people on the Internet insisting there is such an entry. Enabling this setting in Gmail was the only way I was finally able to get the Mail Monitor plugin to work with Gmail, and I was hopeful doing the same for Yahoo Mail might solve its problem too.

I tried the Generate and manage app passwords option which is there, and which some people maintain is the effective replacement for the defunct "Allow apps that use less secure sign in" feature ... but that didn't work for me either. Perhaps the password it generated may work, but I'm making an error elsewhere in the Mail Monitor plugin Server settings or something?

In other words: does anybody know of the magic combination of settings that will permit the Mail Monitor plugin to actually work with Yahoo Mail? If so, please share precisely what your settings are.

Thanks and best wishes to all from Fremantle, Western Australia.
Try this: POP settings for Yahoo Mail
Incoming Mail (POP) Server
  • Server - pop.mail.yahoo.com

• Port - 995

• Requires SSL - Yes
Outgoing Mail (SMTP) Server
  • Server - smtp.mail.yahoo.com

• Port - 465 or 587

• Requires SSL - Yes

• Requires TLS - Yes (if available)

• Requires authentication - Yes
Your login info
  • Email address - Your full email address (name@domain.com.)

• Password - Generate App Password

• Requires authentication - Yes