Tordex Community

Full Version: Drop Spot plugin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What do you think?:

A plugin being a place on toolbar, where you can drop files (via drag&drop) to perform different actions, like run a batch resize on images or run proper player depending on file type. Sometimes it is most convenient to simply drag a file from file manager to perform some action on file.

How it looks like
Just like a normal icon on toolbar. I think adding optionally some recessed frame around icon would help to differentiate it from other items.

Features
- Support for dragging multiple files with confgurable handling of dragged items, like creating temporary file list with file names to feed some command line program if needed.
- Support for configuring different actions depending on factors such as:
file type
file path&name
file size
number of files
etc.
- Possiblity to talk with other programs via DDE (fe. for adding files to filelist of already playing player)

X.
Looks good. I was thinking of something similar where a drop spot would copy files to pre-configured locations depending on filetype.
Thank you very much for suggestion. This is very interesting idea. Usually I drop all files to the desktop and desktop become ugly. This plugin can help Smile
I'll release this plugin soon. But I need to update TLB before, to support drop into plugin feature.