Tordex Community

Full Version: Frustrating delays experienced
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

With the new version 4.1, I am experiencing frustrating delays when I start a program from a virtual folder in tlb. I haven't noticed this in previous versions. Sometimes it takes about 20 seconds before a program is started and before the taskbar / tlb are accessible again. The folder stays opened during the starting of the program.

Also I notice delays when switching between toolbar buttons which represent virtual folders, the menu is shown but it takes some seconds before I can scroll through it.

FYI: The McAfee virusscanner is disabled...
Please can you uninstall 4.1 and install version 4.0 to be sure? You can find version 4.0 here: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://download.truelaunchbar.com/install/tlb4.exe">http://download.truelaunchbar.com/install/tlb4.exe</a><!-- m -->
With 4.0 the behaviour doesn't occur... However, then I notice delays when opening the context menu of an item in the Truelaunchbar... Next try is to install 4.1 again.
Too bad, after installing 4.1 again the delays started occuring too.... I'll send a backup of my toolbar.
Any progress on this :?:
corny Wrote:Any progress on this :?:

I just did some testing and I found out the the News Reader 2.0 is causing major slow down for me when start up my desktop!
Quote:I just did some testing and I found out the the News Reader 2.0 is causing major slow down for me when start up my desktop!
News Reader don't take effect on running the programs.

Quote:Any progress on this
I'll contact you soon with updated version. Sorry fo delay.
Great, the problem when starting a program from TLB disappeared again with the new version.

However, still some delays are here. In v4.0, it might take some 10 seconds or so to show the context menu of a shortcut. In the official release of v4.1, these delays aren't there, but in v4.1.0.1 they are back again.

It looks like it is one way or the other, but I prefer having delays on showing the context menu instead of starting a program...
Quote:It looks like it is one way or the other, but I prefer having delays on showing the context menu instead of starting a program...
version 4.1 uses the context menu to run anything, 4.1.0.1 uses other way so you get quick run and delay with context menu.
OK, then I'm fine with this 8)
First off, let me say that I cannot live without my TLB. It is a fixture, along with DOpus, for any computer I use.

I have noticed that like the thread above, I have had significant delays when clicking on a Virtual Folder shortcut. This was not present in 4.0. I then switched to 4.0 and got multiple instances and/or improper loading of the icons, which does not exist in 4.1 or 4.1.1. I guess what I'm looking for is verification that these two bugs are going to be fixed in an upcoming version so that there isn't a one or the other scenario where I have to live with one of the two bugs for whatever version I use...

I am currently using 4.0 becuase I would rather have to click on refresh after a restart than to wait for a program to start from a virtual folder.

Keep up the great work!