Tordex Community

Full Version: New Update!!! News Reader 2.0 Problems back!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am using the True Launch Bar Build 4.1!

Everytime I log on to my desktop it seems so slow loading everything up. Sometimes all I see is my wallpaper and no taskbar shown. Then after maybe 3 mins the taskbar loads along with everything else.

So for a while I had no idea what was cauing this problem. But then I had a feeling that maybe True Launch Bar was causing the slow load. So I unchecked True Launh Bar form the desktop. And since doing that my desktop loads up real fast again everytime. And as soon as I use True Launch Bar again the problem comes right back.

All I am using on my True Launch Bar is the Mail Monitor,News Reader,Volume Control and a short cut for IE. And also a menu pointing to a folder.

Update!!!!!

I am now 100% sure that News Reader 2.0 is causing the slow down!
I have done lots of testing. with True Lanuch Bar build 4.0 and 4.1 and when ever I am using News Reader 2.0 my desktop starts up "VERY" slow!

I saw someone in another post having the same issue. But they said its the Virtual Folder causing the slow down. Not for me the only thing causing slow down is the News Reader! So when not using the News Reader my desktop loads up super fast!

I hope this can be fixed really soon because I love the News Reader so much!

I am running Windows XP Home SP2

:cry: :cry: :cry:
Isn't that the same as this:
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://forum.tsoftcentral.com/viewtopic.php?t=2552&highlight=">http://forum.tsoftcentral.com/viewtopic ... highlight=</a><!-- m -->
how many channels do you have in the News Reader?
As I know if you have too many channels there can be delay beacuse NR must read all topics from the disk. I'll try to optimize this process. Thank you.
Yuri Kobets Wrote:how many channels do you have in the News Reader?
As I know if you have too many channels there can be delay beacuse NR must read all topics from the disk. I'll try to optimize this process. Thank you.

Only 4 news feeds.

I just did a test with News Reader running with 4 feeds it took almost 3 mins to show my taskbar.

With no News Reader running my taskbar showed up right away like normal.
Please can you send me the file "News Reader.tlbplugin"? You can find this file in the toolbar folder or drag your NR plugin to the desktop aor any other folder.
Yuri Kobets Wrote:Please can you send me the file "News Reader.tlbplugin"? You can find this file in the toolbar folder or drag your NR plugin to the desktop aor any other folder.

Here you go.
Yuri Kobets Wrote:how many channels do you have in the News Reader?

Maybe if you could somehow delay News Reader from reading all topics from the disk until the desktop loads that would fix the problem. Like maybe delay it for 20 seconds or something?
Quote:Maybe if you could somehow delay News Reader from reading all topics from the disk until the desktop loads that would fix the problem. Like maybe delay it for 20 seconds or something?
Please can you try to set the "Startup timeout" into some minutes. Or suspend News Reader plugin and restart. Maybe the plugin try to load data from the internet and the problem is here.
Yuri Kobets Wrote:
Quote:Maybe if you could somehow delay News Reader from reading all topics from the disk until the desktop loads that would fix the problem. Like maybe delay it for 20 seconds or something?
Please can you try to set the "Startup timeout" into some minutes. Or suspend News Reader plugin and restart. Maybe the plugin try to load data from the internet and the problem is here.

I have set it to delay for 180 Seconds. And now my Desktop load up super fast!!

Thanks Yuri Kobets that worked!
Yuri Kobets Wrote:

Update!

My desktop is still loading "very" slow at logon when running News Reader 2.0. I even delayed it to 180 seconds. Even if I suspend the news reader my desktop still loads very slow. The only way I can get my desktop new load like normal is to remove the News Reader from the taskbar.

I know I reported before that it was fixed but I was wrong. What can I do?

I have 2 computers and I only seem to have this problem on 1 of hem. But both computer are running all the same software. The only diffrerents is that the computer with the slow loading desktop has 3 users Account on it and the computer that does not have the slow loading desktop has only 1 user account. This is why I reported it as fixed. I should have tried it on both computers before saying it was fixed.

Both computers have been formated and setup just last week. So everything is nice and clean as for as the OS goes.

Computer with the problem is a AMD Athlon 64 3700+ 2GB Ram 300GB Hard Drive Windows XP Home SP2

I hope you can help.
Any update on this? I even removed all news feeds but 1 and it still is causing my dsktop ti load very slow. :evil: I even uninstalled and reinstalled the news reader and that also did not fix it. It this can not be fixed it looks like I will not beable to use News Reader any more. :cry:
Well since I have not heard anything on this I have since moved on and will not use the News Reader for True Launch bar any more. I am now using GreatNews Reader. So no more slow logon and a much better tool for reader RSS News.
I'm working on this problem. But I can't to reproduce it. Loading data from the file not is the the cause because you don't have many items. I'm inspecting the code.
ok thanks