Tordex Community

Full Version: Explorer.exe won't close after first time install TLB 4.1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I downloaded and installed TLB this afternoon. I assume it is 4.1, although I haven't been able to figure out where the version shows. I use Netscape as my default browser, but switched to Internet Explorer to be sure problem described below happened with it as the default, too. My OS is XP Home edition.

When I right click on the task bar and choose properties, I get the "Taskbar and Start Menu Properties" dialogue box. If I close it by clicking "OK", whether I make any changes or not, it hangs. I've waited up to several minutes to click the X in the upper right to close it. When I do I get a message box that says "End Program -- Explorer.exe" at the top and says the program is not responding. If I click End Now, it closes and any changes I requested seem to have been made.

The same thing happens in "Internet Options" from Explorer's Tools dropdown. The Internet Options box won't close without clicking the X and then the End Now button, but any requested changes seem to have been recorded and work properly.

I tried removing all shortcuts from the Quick Launch subdirectory to be sure one of them wasn't somehow causing a conflict, but I got the same result.

Any suggestion on what I might be able to change on my side to resolve the issue would be appreciated.

Liz
Right click on toolbar.
Choose TLB settings
Click About (it's at the bottom)
Read version number
elistojm, I think you have the problems with Windows. TLB don't take such effects, especially when you don't open TLB.