Tordex Community

Full Version: Bug or intended behaviour?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I don't know for sure if this has to be taken as a bug...

Today I spent several minutes to find a virtual folder in my TLB which had suddently disappeared.

What happened? I accidently dragged the virtual folder to another place, but before I dropped it I noticed what I was doing. So I decided to drop it into the same place as where the folder was in my TLB. However, the icon disappeared. I have overlooked all other virtual folders, maybe I dropped it there? The disappeared folder was nowhere, so I explored the folder Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\ in my profile. The virtual folder was present there. However, it did not only contain the shortcuts which where present there, but also the folder which has to be in the Quick Launch subfolder and which contains the tlbdata.xml. After moving this folder to Quick Launch, the virtual folder appeared in my TLB again...

Question: is this behaviour by design, or should users be prevented from doing such things :oops:
Quote:Question: is this behaviour by design, or should users be prevented from doing such things
The option "Lock buttons" was implemented for this. When this folder is turned on then you can't to drag buttons, but can dorop shotcuts on TLB.
Ah, I already expected that the option was intended for this. But, isn't it strange that one can drop a virtual folder in itself? I can imagine it is impossible to recognize this specific drop action and programatically prevent it.