Tordex Community

Full Version: command line plugin suggesting files and paths?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The windows run box or address bar will drop down a list of suggestions to autocomplete file names and paths. Can the command line do this somehow? for instance you type "c:\" and it shows a drop down list with all the files and folders on the c disk and further filters the menu everytime you type a letter.

I was under the impression it would, but mine doesn't, maybe i have some bug or does this feature not exist?
This feature is not released. I'll relese it in the next version. Thank you for suggestion.
Sorry to bug you, but since the default address bar will be removed from the taskbar with WinXP SP3, I'm searching for a replacement.
I found your True Launch Bar with the Command Line plugin (v3.6). Alternative programs seem to be very rare. So I've installed the demo version.
I realized, that there is only completion of saved history entries, but no completion for all file names and paths. After searching the forums, I found this one year old post - so I'm not sure if it's about a predecessor ov version 3.6 and there won't be more completion features or if the "new" version isn't released at all.
Also I'm a bit unhappy with the propositions - so, if I enter C:\Docu, there will never be the proposition "C:\Documents and Settings... because you need the " at the beginning to get it work.

If there will come a new version supporting general auto completion, can you tell about the time we'll have to wait for?

Thank you