Tordex Community

Full Version: Can't set this hot key WIN+CTRL+SPACE
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
1) TLB Ver 4.1 does not allow me to set Win+Ctrl+Space as hotkey to button. In previous version I can set that hotkey. Is this a bug, intended feature or am I missing something?

2) The "Process Win key" also not working. I have StartKiller V2.3 installed. 3 tlb bars set at top, bottom, left screen edges. For the bottom bar I have checked "Process Win key", the other 2 bars (which are launched by TlbHost and autohide) have "Process Win key" unchecked. So I expect pressing Win key alone should brought up the bottom bar's first menu, but it simply does not work...
Quote:1) TLB Ver 4.1 does not allow me to set Win+Ctrl+Space as hotkey to button. In previous version I can set that hotkey. Is this a bug, intended feature or am I missing something?
I can set this hotkey on all my systems. Maybe Win+Ctrl+Space is registered by other application on your computer?

Quote:2) The "Process Win key" also not working. I have StartKiller V2.3 installed. 3 tlb bars set at top, bottom, left screen edges. For the bottom bar I have checked "Process Win key", the other 2 bars (which are launched by TlbHost and autohide) have "Process Win key" unchecked. So I expect pressing Win key alone should brought up the bottom bar's first menu, but it simply does not work...
Do you set the option "Disable Start Menu" in the Start Killer?
Hi Yuri,

Thanks for your prompt reply!

The "Process Win key" now works, yes you are right, I have not checked the "Disable Start Menu".

As for the hotkey probelm, I don't think it is because another application is hooking up with that hotkey. I have quite a clean environment while trying to set that hotkey i.e. I unload all applications under WinXP leaving only tlb, tlbhost and startkiller running, but tlb simply refuses to let me use Win+Ctrl+Space as hotkey.

I unload the tlb bar which I need the hotkey, manually change its tlbdata.xml (with external editor of course), such that hotkey="8736" for the button's hotkey, then start the bar again and the hotkey works! i.e. there is no conflict of that hotkey against another application's

I assume TLB v4.1 allows that hotkey, so there must be something diff this time which cause the problem... Currently, I am running TLB under WinXP with a more recent MS Windows update... could that be the cause?
This is the only difference in environment compare to the past which I can think of... can anyone confirm my doubt?