Tordex Community

Full Version: Unable to install 4.1.6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I am running 4.1.5RC and whenever I try to update to 4.1.6, it fails. Not with any error message, it just quietly installs, doesn't ask for a reboot and when checking for an update again, it keeps telling me to install 4.1.6.

I've installed and rebooted 6 times now. No difference. The next step would be removing TLB totally and trying again, but I thought I'd mention it if others have the same problem.

But, I am expecting it's just my computer being flunked.
Anam Cara Wrote:I am running 4.1.5RC and whenever I try to update to 4.1.6, it fails. Not with any error message, it just quietly installs, doesn't ask for a reboot and when checking for an update again, it keeps telling me to install 4.1.6.

I've installed and rebooted 6 times now. No difference. The next step would be removing TLB totally and trying again, but I thought I'd mention it if others have the same problem.

But, I am expecting it's just my computer being flunked.

Same problem here Sad
I've fixed the updates service. Now it must install version 4.1.6

Also you can download the installation from this page
Sweet Yuri! (Now, why am I relieved every time it turns out I _wasn't_ just paranoid?Smile). I can not confirm a full success yet as I am erm. Okay, I'm in the middle of playing UFO: Afterlight, I admit it - but this time it prompted for rebooting at least.

Now, why can't you start working for Nvidia so we get working drivers? Smile
Confirmed working here now.
Not sure why, but I'm unable to install 4.1.6. I had 4.1.5 installed and tried to install 4.1.6 over it, but no luck. I then tried to uninstall 4.1.5 and had an issue, but finally got if off my machine. I rebooted, then tried to install 4.1.6, but still the same results.

It fails at the same point each time. (See "capture.jpg) I also noticed that it did manage to put a few folders and one file in Program Files (see "capture2.jpg").

Thoughts? :?:
Quote:Not sure why, but I'm unable to install 4.1.6. I had 4.1.5 installed and tried to install 4.1.6 over it, but no luck. I then tried to uninstall 4.1.5 and had an issue, but finally got if off my machine. I rebooted, then tried to install 4.1.6, but still the same results.
Thank you very much for reporting this problem. I've updated the installation package. Please download it again. Let me know how it works.
Thanks for the quick reply Yuri. Unfortunately, still no luck. I did get a little further than before (see attached). But the installation failed again.

Thoughts?
As I understand you have the tlb.dll in the C:\Program Files\TrueLaunchBar?

Please try to unzip the attached file to the the C:\Program Files\TrueLaunchBar folder and run regtlbdll.exe

If all will be OK you'll get the working TLB. Let me know how it works.
Once again, thank you for the help and quick reply. I unzipped and ran the file, but I received the standard Windows message that the program has stopped working, etc, etc.

What next?
Please can you check the DEP state? See the screenshot.

You can find this dialog if press WIN+Break then open Advanced settings and in the dialog box click the "Settings" in the Performance group
That did it!! You da man!! 4.1.6 installed like a charm and is working wonderfully! Thanks again for all of your help and quick responses!!

Big Grin
Quote:That did it!! You da man!! 4.1.6 installed like a charm and is working wonderfully!
But the problems with the DEP remains. I must to fix it. Thank you very much for all tests Smile
I confirm that turning off DEP helps during installation/uninstallation. On my machine, as I identified that installer craches on tlb.dll registration.

I was able to reproduce the problem running regsvr32 tlb.dll
Deleted duplicate post~Q Section
Pages: 1 2