Tordex Community

Full Version: Sixpack of bugs and shortcomings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Win XP, TLB v4.1 ...

"Load on Startup" - it's not just the hotkeys that need this ticked, but the Docking Point/Menu Alignmemt as well !?! That's an evil thing because every single virtual folder that uses customized menu locations has to be loaded on startup (!) if it shouldn't open conventional on first access. PlugIns like the Startup Manager and Windows Manager are affected by this as well. That's really really bad and shouldn't be necessary...

Doubleclicking a submenu button or choosing "open in explorer" strictly uses Windows explorer. Well, many people use a replacement. If this is the case, and the user tries to enter a subfolder/-menu, he actually doubleclickes a shortcut to his own default file manager which opens that subfolder himself, leaving the useless Explorer behind ... which of course is bad. AFAIK the default value of [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell] usually points to a Windows Explorer substitute, but I think having the opportunity to specify the file manager within the TLB settings would be the better choice since this open the doors for command line parameters as well.

Settings > Menu Appearance > "Show arrow on menu button". This is very confusing. In my opinion it does two things: It displays by default the arrow of every toolbars menu button AND - contrary to both tooltip and helpfile - within all menus which are set to "Icons only" or "Icons with text" as well. And secondly, it allows to hide those arrows individually through the context menu. Now, if "Show arrow on menu button" HAS to be enabled in order to have arrows shown AND to have the opportunity to hide them - why does this option exist at all ??

"Button margins" - again, they get applied not only to the toolbar but to "Icons only"/"Icons with text" menus as well. Altering this setting therefore leads to a asymmetric layout between these kind of menus and the other ones. (btw, shouldn't it be called "horizontal/vertical" instead of "width/height" .. ??) :-k

Entitled separators - it looks "wrong" that those who expand/collapse are not centered (in relation to the ones who don't have this feature)..

"Create Icon Library" - I've been searching my whole system for it until I realized all I had done was set a bookmark. I like to suggest to call it by its name to avoid confusions, because the term "Icon Library" refers to a not very common but standardized file type which has the extension .icl and basically is a .dll file containing icons.
Quote:"Load on Startup" - it's not just the hotkeys that need this ticked, but the Docking Point/Menu Alignmemt as well !?! That's an evil thing because every single virtual folder that uses customized menu locations has to be loaded on startup (!) if it shouldn't open conventional on first access. PlugIns like the Startup Manager and Windows Manager are affected by this as well. That's really really bad and shouldn't be necessary...
Sorry, I can't to understand this clearly. Please can you explain where the problem?

Quote:Doubleclicking a submenu button or choosing "open in explorer" strictly uses Windows explorer. Well, many people use a replacement. If this is the case, and the user tries to enter a subfolder/-menu, he actually doubleclickes a shortcut to his own default file manager which opens that subfolder himself, leaving the useless Explorer behind ... which of course is bad. AFAIK the default value of [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell] usually points to a Windows Explorer substitute, but I think having the opportunity to specify the file manager within the TLB settings would be the better choice since this open the doors for command line parameters as well.
Yes, I know about this problem. In the one of the next versions I'll make the option to select the file manager.

Quote:Settings > Menu Appearance > "Show arrow on menu button".

skipped

why does this option exist at all ??

To have the choice enable/disable arrows for all buttons.

Quote:"Button margins" - again, they get applied not only to the toolbar but to "Icons only"/"Icons with text" menus as well. Altering this setting therefore leads to a asymmetric layout between these kind of menus and the other ones. (btw, shouldn't it be called "horizontal/vertical" instead of "width/height" .. ??) Think
Hmm... you are right. I need to updated this feature.

Quote:Entitled separators - it looks "wrong" that those who expand/collapse are not centered (in relation to the ones who don't have this feature)..
Please can you comment this by screenshot

Quote:"Create Icon Library" - I've been searching my whole system for it until I realized all I had done was set a bookmark. I like to suggest to call it by its name to avoid confusions, because the term "Icon Library" refers to a not very common but standardized file type which has the extension .icl and basically is a .dll file containing icons.
Maybe you are right Smile
Yuri Kobets Wrote:
Quote:"Load on Startup" - it's not just the hotkeys that need this ticked, but the Docking Point/Menu Alignmemt as well !?! That's an evil thing because every single virtual folder that uses customized menu locations has to be loaded on startup (!) if it shouldn't open conventional on first access. PlugIns like the Startup Manager and Windows Manager are affected by this as well. That's really really bad and shouldn't be necessary...
Sorry, I can't to understand this clearly. Please can you explain where the problem?

Sure. This is how I like the menu to be opened:

[Image: tlbmenualignmentoptionskc3.png]

But this is what happens ....

[Image: tlbmenualignmentbugjs1.png]

The only way to avoid this seems to be the "Load on startup" option, which becomes something like "Load nearly everything on startup" because every virtual folder as well as every plugin which displays its content in a submenu is affected by this. Only the common menus behave correct.

Quote:
Quote:Settings > Menu Appearance > "Show arrow on menu button".

skipped

why does this option exist at all ??

To have the choice enable/disable arrows for all buttons.

OK, so it's an overall setting. Both tooltip and helpfile state explicitly that this options applies only to the toolbar buttons. Now that one should be easy to fix. :wink:

Quote:
Quote:Entitled separators - it looks "wrong" that those who expand/collapse are not centered (in relation to the ones who don't have this feature)..
Please can you comment this by screenshot

[Image: tlbshiftedseperatortitlfu5.png]

The "Info" title is not centered because the other titles are shifted by the [+] control (maybe placing that control above the separator ?)