Tordex Community

Full Version: Native Windows taskbar won't resize
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I run Win98SE and FLB 1.0 on two PCs. No problems for over a year.

Now, ror some reason the native Windows taskbar will no longer resize on one system. I've tried everything I can think of to fix this:

-- deleted shelliconcache
-- deleted HKCU\MS\Win\CurrVer\Explorer\StuckRects
-- deleted and reinstall FLB, including wiping all reg traces
-- played around with displaying and hiding various sets of toolbars

Nothing works. The only thing I know is that if FLB is displayed it will only show four menus (I have six) and a scroller arrow, and that this is because even though I can grab the taskbar sizer, it does not move or respond to the mouse in either direction.

Frustrated beyond human comprehension, as it is with all small things -- anyone know how to reset/reinstall the taskbar, or control its metrics, or what to do? THX JLJ
Do you have the same problem with standard Quick Launch?
I think this is the same problem I am having (just downgraded to Free Launch Bar on my work computer). I thought Quick Launch worked okay (giving me the standard one-row TaskBar) but I just double-checked and both of them give me a two-row Taskbar that CANNOT be resized (photo attached).

I have gone through all of the settings and tried changing various numbers but nothing seems to work.
Take the tasks toolbar (the bottom toolbar) by the gripper at the left side and drag it to the right-bottom. This will change the layout. Now change the size of the taskbar and lock it.
Yuri Kobets Wrote:Take the tasks toolbar (the bottom toolbar) by the gripper at the left side and drag it to the right-bottom. This will change the layout. Now change the size of the taskbar and lock it.

YAY!!!

I'm not sure how I screwed that up, but YAY it's fixed!