Tordex Community

Full Version: Windows List defaults
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have Windows List set as multi-column, tear off, across the top of the screen occupying the dead space in the window frame title.

For a reason I have forgotten I deleted then re-installed the plug-in. Now I cannot get the multi-column setting to stick. It maintains the other defaults - opening in the top left corner, but with a single column listing.

Every session I have to customise the menu to get my multi-column setting back.

Any ideas how to make these settings stick as defaults?
Do you have the problems with other menus? Are the settings changed in others menus saved after restart?
No, everything else works perfectly. This set up is on a 1024 × 768 laptop and is more or less the same as on my desktop with three monitors running at 1640 × 1024. It works fine on my desktop machine. The main difference is that on the desktop I have the toolbar vertical.
But as I said, everything worked fine on the laptop too until I reinstalled the plug-in - as far as I recall nothing else was changed at the time.

My settings are:
Multicolumn text menu 8 columns
Max menuu width 125 Max menu height 8

I normally set icons to custom, 8 pixels, but it works Ok leaving default. The menu name is a single space character so as not to force increased depth.

Docking point and menu align are set to default.

If I turn off TLB and restart, the View mode and icons size revert to 'default', columns 0, and max menu width and height to -1.
I've found a fix.

Because I want a very shallow menu (8 pixels) I can't have a menu title. I had set the title to nothing, and also to the space character, which I know has worked in the past. But either of those now prevent the plug-in from storing all the customisations.

However, if I title the menu with a single character - I'm using '.' the customisations stick.
Very interesting problem. Thank you.
It would be aesthetically pleasing to get rid of the dot, but I could think of a lot more urgent things to do, like polish the grass.

I've bought a number of Windows enhancement utilities over the years, and most of them have lasted their novelty period and little more. But I must say that TLB is the only one that has really become part of my operating system.

Now, if only I could make toolbars and menus stretch across multiple monitors...