Tordex Community

Full Version: TLB 4.2 Trial Installation NSIS problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I recently had to do a fresh XP SP2 install on my system and decided it was time to try some Docks for a change. When I tried to install the Demo from the site I find that I get the following error:

Dialog Box displaying the title: NSIS Error

Error launching Installer

I understand this error comes from the Nullsoft installer used by this software and some searching revealed some fixes for it which I have tried and found for me to not work. I have tried and confirmed the following:

1. My AV program of Eset's NOD32 was disabled both during the download and install attempts (I don't run any particular anti-spyware suite)

2. My temp directory will open from using %temp% from a Run prompt and that folder was emptied

3. I had downloaded the file 3 times via different browsers (an MD5 hash of what it should be would be appreciated so I can confirm this isn't the culprit)

Frankly I am stumped as to why I can't even get this to install. I managed to get the StartKiller utility to run which I am assuming uses NSIS as well and I know I recently installed Winamp 5.5 so I just don't have any idea what would be interfereing with trying this software.

Any suggestions to try out?
Thanks,
GK
Here is detailed information about installation file, including MD5 digest:
Code:
File: truelaunchbar42.exe
Filesize: 4511588 bytes
MD5 digest: 13 9E 9C 4A C9 47 08 38 A6 FB E1 89 01 C4 B8 FA

Quote:Dialog Box displaying the title: NSIS Error

Error launching Installer
Are there any other text? Can you send me a screenshot of this dialog box?

Let me know if you have the same MD5.
Ok thanks for the fast reply.

The MD5 Hash matches what I generate locally here so at least I know it's not a corrupt file.

Enclosed is a shot of the dialog box I am getting. In truth, I doubt it's very helpful but who knows.

I also checked and there aren't any items in the Event Logs that would be effecting this either.
Try one of these steps:
* Rename file into setup.exe or install.exe
* Try to run installation from the command line with the /NCRC switch
* Try to delete all files from the %temp% folder before installation

Also you can try to download the last beta version.

Let me know about results.
None of the the suggestions worked with the current release version, however the Beta version does install so I will try that one out for awhile.

Thanks for the help