Tordex Community

Full Version: Something happened to one of my menus
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello:

One of my menus becamea a 1 column menu from having been a multicolumn one (can't remember if it was 3 or columns). However, it also goes all the way up to the top of the screen. I have tried to set Customize menu – Options – Maximunm sizes – Max menu height to various values, but to no avail.

How do I get a menu with all columns the same height and all columns fully populated, e.g.

xx
xx
xx
xx
xx
xx

or

xxx
xxx
xxx
xxx

or

xxxx
xxxx
xxxx

Regards,

Hans L
I guess you are looking for this option:
Right-click in menu->View->Multicolumn text menu.
The columns count in the same context menu.
Well, I tried that one already, but my columns look like this

xxx
xxx
xx
xx
xx
xx
xx
xx
xx
xx
xx
xx

That is, the three columns are not of equal heights, because the menu goes all the way to the top of the screen. It did not do that before, and I have another menu that have two columns and they are of equal height.

So, there must be something else I need to set to get it back to what I had.

Regards,

Hans L
Please can you post a screenshot of the menu with "Multicolumn" view here.
Yurik, I happened to check one more time on the menu that behaved okay, and I saw that it had "View – Multicolumn text menu" checked, while the menu that did not behave correctly had "Default" checked. Checking "Multicolumn Text Menu" fixed the problem. Not exactly intuitive, but, then, I have not read the Help file very carefully either. However, I thought, before, that "Multicolumn Text Menu" meant that only text (and not icons) would be visible. It seems to me that "Multicolumn Text Menu" is rather "Even-height columns". (I had already checked for more that one column by checking "2 Column(s)".)

In any event, I must have checked "Default" inadvertently at some point, although I cannot remember having been into that menu lately.

Regards,

Hans L