Tordex Community

Full Version: News Reader option
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Something I like to do when I arrive at work in the morning is to go through and see what new items there are from the various feeds I have set up for News Reader. What I generally do is go through each item and read the summary in the popup tooltip and if it sounds interesting then I click on it to open up the item in Internet Explorer to read later, once I have finished picking the items I want to read further. However each time I click on an item, News Reader menu closes and I have to open it up again and find where I was before clicking an item. What I would like is an option for New Reader to stay open until I move the mouse off the New Reader menu so that I can go through all items and click on each one I am interested in until I am done and then go read them in IE.

Regards
Brian.
Saltire Wrote:Something I like to do when I arrive at work in the morning is to go through and see what new items there are from the various feeds I have set up for News Reader. What I generally do is go through each item and read the summary in the popup tooltip and if it sounds interesting then I click on it to open up the item in Internet Explorer to read later, once I have finished picking the items I want to read further. However each time I click on an item, News Reader menu closes and I have to open it up again and find where I was before clicking an item. What I would like is an option for New Reader to stay open until I move the mouse off the New Reader menu so that I can go through all items and click on each one I am interested in until I am done and then go read them in IE.

Regards
Brian.

Great idea!!! Smile

I would also really like this!

Please add this ASAP Smile
Yuri can you add this also? Smile
The feature is added in version 3.0
To activate it set the script option into "Internet Explorer (background)". This must work Smile
Yuri Kobets Wrote:The feature is added in version 3.0
To activate it set the script option into "Internet Explorer (background)". This must work Smile

I have selected "Internet Explorer (background)" and it was working for a while but all of a sudden its not working. Sad

Update

I switched to "default Script" then back again to "Internet Explorer (background)" and its working again.

It seems it needs some fixing.
Its not working at all now Sad
Thanks for including my request into NewsReader 3. I installed it this morning and it worked great. However I am also now having the same issue with it stopping working. Initially I was able to resect the script and it worked again, but now it isn't working at all.
Hope you can find the issue,because I love the feature thanks.

Brian.
What you mean when say "isn't working at all"? Is it just close the menu or it don't open the news?
Yuri Kobets Wrote:What you mean when say "isn't working at all"? Is it just close the menu or it don't open the news?

The menu is not staying open after clicking on a news feed.
Quote:The menu is not staying open.
That stupid IE always try to activate its window on URL opening. :evil:

Well, I'll try to find the solution.... hmm... how the malware open the IE windows :?:
I don't know if it's my laptop or not, but it doesn't work for me. I don't use IE, only Firefox.
iam1ru12 Wrote:I don't know if it's my laptop or not, but it doesn't work for me. I don't use IE, only Firefox.
But is this possible to open IE and open some website?
IE never opened. I think it is because my default browser is Firefox.