Tordex Community

Full Version: New Mail Monitor option needed!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello Smile

Can you please add an option to have a Balloon pop up when I get new e mail?

See the pic to see what I mean.
Do you want it to just tell you how many emails you have for each account like Mail Monitor's mouse hover tooltip, or do you want it to tell you who the mail was from and what the subject is?

I'm not that keen on balloon pop ups, so I'd like an option for a toaster pop up (no reason why we can't have both, I'd just like a choice) that tells you something about the mail that's just arrived. It should be configurable on a per account basis because I already get pop ups for my GMail account from Google Talk and don't need another for those, but something very similar to them would be nice for my other pop accounts.
Sam Hasler Wrote:Do you want it to just tell you how many emails you have for each account like Mail Monitor's mouse hover tooltip, or do you want it to tell you who the mail was from and what the subject is?

I'm not that keen on balloon pop ups, so I'd like an option for a toaster pop up (no reason why we can't have both, I'd just like a choice) that tells you something about the mail that's just arrived. It should be configurable on a per account basis because I already get pop ups for my GMail account from Google Talk and don't need another for those, but something very similar to them would be nice for my other pop accounts.

Not sure maybe option for both.
Hello. Smile

As I have the Windows taskbar on autohide it's a suggestion I've meant to make for quite a while. Wink

Sam Hasler Wrote:Do you want it to just tell you how many emails you have for each account like Mail Monitor's mouse hover tooltip, or do you want it to tell you who the mail was from and what the subject is?

Personally I'd be happy with just the name of the account and the number of new emails.
Denis Wrote:Hello. Smile

As I have the Windows taskbar on autohide it's a suggestion I've meant to make for quite a while. Wink

Personally I'd be happy with just the name of the account and the number of new emails.

Same here name of the account and the number of new emails would be fine Smile
This would be great!
Any update on this?
Hello again. Smile

If at all possible, an "Always on top" option would be great for Mail Monitor's main window. Wink
Denis Wrote:Hello again. Smile

If at all possible, an "Always on top" option would be great for Mail Monitor's main window. Wink

For "Always On Top" you should really check out the just released Autosizer 1.7

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.southbaypc.com/AutoSizer/">http://www.southbaypc.com/AutoSizer/</a><!-- m -->
Any news on if you will be adding a Balloon pop up when I get new e mail?

I really think this would be great!
Thanks for the suggestion, gate1975mlm. Smile

I'd rather the option was part of Mail Monitor though. Wink
I am really hoping for a Balloon pop up when I get new e mail

Yuri any hints if you will make something like this?

Thanks again Yuri you are the man!!!
While mail Monitor in work, maybe this new "small tool" will help you:
PopupBalloon

This is the command line utility that just popup the balloon message. Usage example:
Code:
popupBalloon.exe -t "You have new Mail" -m "New main on my supper provider!" -r "\"C:\Program Files\Mozilla Thunderbird\thunderbird.exe\""

this command line will show the popup message with title "You have new Mail" and text "New main on my supper provider!". If you click the balloon or icon it open the Mozilla Thunderbird.

You can write this command line into the "Execute command" of the account setting. Or into the filters.
Hello all and Best Wishes for 2009. Big Grin

Yuri, any interest in a "Always on top" option? Smile
Bump Tongue
Pages: 1 2