Tordex Community

Full Version: TLB 4.2.5 RC1 (32 bit): Explorer Crashes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I recently upgraded to the 4.2.5 RC1 of TLB, 32 bit. After upgrading, I started getting frequent and random crashes of explorer.exe. After terminating TLB, this stopped. I have not seen a single crash since disabling TLB.

I've seen similar post regarding the x64 version and a possible solution for that. Is there a solution for the 32 bit version?

I'm running Windows XP SP3.

Please let me know what other information you would like and I'll try to provide it to assist with fixing this problem.

Thanks,
Royce
What version was before updating?

Also what solution you found? Don't use the files I've posted for x64 version. They are not compatible with 32-bit and are not related to this problem.
I was running version 4.2.3 Beta prior to the upgrade. I installed over the top of the previous installation (i.e. did not uninstall first).

I'm using true launch bar in docked mode (i.e. not standalone).

I did not try the other solution, as I knew there would be compatibility problems.
Please, can you backup your toolbar and send the backup file to me (<!-- e --><a href="mailtoConfusedupport@truelaunchbar.com">support@truelaunchbar.com</a><!-- e -->)
Done
The same here, crashes every 30 minutes or so in tlb.dll. I'm just browsing the web (not using any TLB menus or anything) so it's kind of strange.

Edit: I'm still using 4.2.3 beta. It started crashing today (I was away all week) and was pretty stable before I left last Monday morning.
ArKay, is your system same (XP SP3)? Did you install any Windows updates?
No SP3 yet... I can't remember installing any Windows updates either.

What I noticed is that the Weather Forecast plugin doesn't seem to work correctly. It's configured to show 10 days of data, but currently it's only showing 5. Since I last used this PC on Monday (before the crashes) it could mean that this is old data. It's showing that the data was lasted updated today though, weird.

It just crashed when I moved the mouse pointer over one of the weather icons, hmmmm. But after the explorer restart I cannot reproduce it so I don't know Smile
Try to remove the Weather Forecast plugin. weather.com have updated the weather service. So now it is impossible to show all 10 days. Maybe something other changed that cause the crashes. Anyway 30 minutes is the period when weather forecast fetch the data.
I'll try that and report back tomorrow (or as soon as I got another crash).
Well, I haven't encountered any crashes since I removed the 2 weather displays. Guess you should start looking for changes there.
I've updated Weather Forecast. Try version 2.2
OK, installed along with TLB 4.2.5 RC1.
No crashes after 9h so I consider it fixed Smile
After updating the Weather Forecast plugin, I have not seen a crash. I've also reverted back to the original dll for TLB and still have no issue. Looks like the problem is solved.

Thanks for a really great program and great service! =D> =D>
Pages: 1 2