Tordex Community

Full Version: Disable Windows Keys v1.0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Disable Windows Keys v1.0 released

Disable Windows Keys plugin allow you to disable the standard Windows logo keys combinations like WIN+1, WIN+2, WIN+R etc.

[Image: winkeys.png]

After disabling the win keys you can use these key combinations for your own shortcuts.

Download 32 bit version
Download 64 bit version
You sir, are my hero!

but for goodness sake, release this as a standalone product. I'd pay money for this.

I have a couple of suggestions:
  • Make clicking on the button open the preferences.
  • Add tooltips for each checkbox to say what the shortcut is usually used for.[/list:u]

You're also missing a few shortcuts. I haven't been able to find a page listing all of them, but you may find the following pages helpful:
    • <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://support.microsoft.com/kb/126449">http://support.microsoft.com/kb/126449</a><!-- m -->
    • Vista Keyboard shortcuts[/list:u]

Neither of those pages list Win+B which changes the focus to the system tray, so there are probably other shortcuts too.

Perhaps you could include a way to find out what application a particular shortcut is set to. That could help with development for testing which shortcuts need to be configurable, and could also help me with a problem I've been having:

I've found that some shortcuts can't be assigned, even though they don't do something. I think they might be reserved in some way, although I tried another piece of software that I thought might be able to do this, and it may have messed up the shortcut.

The shortcut that I want to use, Win+C, is listed as opening the control panel, but currently it does nothing when I press it, and I can't use it as a shortcut in Winamp. I'd like to be able to free it for use (I want Rewind, Play, Pause, Stop, Forward on the Win + Z,X,C,V,B keys), or possibly set it back to it's default if I've messed it up.

It's nice to have Win + 1-5 back as my rate current song shortcuts though, instead of using Win + Alt + 1-5.
Hi,

I added this plugin to my taskbar (main taskbar) and hide it. It works correctly, but if i restart the computer, it doesn't works anymore (ex: Windows+E was associated to a shortcut, but after a restart it show Windows Explorer). I have to unhide it, go to the properties and then click OK.

Another thing, can you add the Windows+U key (i can't remap it, because it is associated with the Utility Manager).

Regards,

Jocelyn
Hi Yuri,

Thanks for this plugin very much! I've had a heck of a time finding any way to disable windows keys. May I ask how you were able to get them disabled?

As a feature request/alternative, would it be possible to have the plugin be able to disable any key?
hi Yuri Kobets
i don't know how you do this but in present time - you method if unique in EXACTLY release hotkeys from f*cking windows 10. Not remap but release. I searched good amount time in internet - there is no solution for this. But Windows not sleep - they add more end more hotkeys THRU Win key - because of that - please author, please - make update of this plugin.
Or maybe i offer something strange - make it opensource or just share source code here. Please - make update or something!

http://forum.tordex.com/thread-4733-post...l#pid40670