Tordex Community

Full Version: Media Control plugin 5.0 (x64) & Vista 64 + Windows 7 64-bit
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Vista SP2 (x64) + Windows 7 RTM (x64)
TLB 4.4 (x64)
Media Control plugin 5.0 (x64)

Media Control Plugin appears not to work with Windows Media Player, either 32 or 64-bit, in either 64-bit OS. Is this a bug or an artifact of my systems?

Interestingly, Media Control Plugin is working just fine with Winamp 5.56 on both 64-bit Windows.

Windows 7 provides a neat work-around for WMP 12: its thumbnail on the Taskbar also displays a play/pause + forward/backward control.

Apart from this problem, my experience with TLB and a handfull of plugins is beyond excellent: TLB is indispensable to realizing Windows Taskbar's potential.

Hans-Peter
I think that's the problem of your system.

Media Control work fine with my Windows 7 RTM (x64) and TLB 4.4 (x64).

Even if I don't set the path to WMP. I use WinAMP 5.

-------

I have only one problem with Media Control - if I change rating of song with Media Control = WMP crash immediately. But if I change rating in WMP - no problem, I see that immediately in Media Control and all work fine.

[Image: edc1dd22691c.png]

The same story with another skin
[Image: 33109d1634db.png]

-----

ПыСы.

Есть у кого такая-же проблема?
Кстати не только на х64, но и на х86 такая-же фигня.
Hello Virus —

Thanks so much for your reply, which indicated the problem was with my system. I was trying to think out how to troubleshoot this thing when it occurred to me to check if the 64-bit DFX plugin might be interfering with TLB's Media Control.

And there it was: 'True Launch Bar Remote Control' appears in WMP 12 of Windows 7 as a plug-in that must be checked! … of course, I feel like an idiot; but very grateful that you took the time to answer my post.
I've updated the Windows Media Player support files. You can download it here.

Crash with the rating must be fixed.
Yuri — Thank you very much for the advice of the update. Downloaded and installed.

Best wishes,

atitlan