Tordex Community

Full Version: Windows System Restore does not restore TLB...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Windows System Restore does not restore TLB… why not? THIS IS ALSO AN OLD PROBLEM.

Quote: As I know System Restore can restore only system files and settings. TLB toolbars are the user data (something like Word documents), System Restore can't to backup it and restore because of possible losts.

It has been my experience that Win System Restore DOES restore most programs. EXAMPLE: Yesterday I updated StarDocks WindowBlinds from v6 to v7. This morning I did a Win XP System Restore (the final step to get rid of TLB 4.4.1 and revert back to 4.4. When I got done I noticed that WindowBlinds had also reverted back to v6.

I do however hear what you are saying about user data; I know that System Restore usually does not touch that. It does however restore most items in the C:\Program Files folders and the C:\Documents and Settings folder. As the TLB settings are under Documents and Settings and they are user data that may be why System Restore does not do a complete restore on TLB.

Let's just leave this one alone for now as nothing can be done about it with the current operating system.

Doc