Tordex Community

Full Version: TLB 4.4.2 menu appearance/metric issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Dear Yuri,

I have been a TLB user since 2004. I haven't had to post a bug request in years -- congratulations and thank you for providing a tool that's both useful and extremely durable.

Since upgrading to windows 7, I've had a couple problems:

1. Hotkeys were not working properly under 4.4.1 -- this seems to be fixed in 4.4.2, though I didn't see anything in the changelog about this.
2. The virtual folder menu, using the default skin, does not paint properly -- the text is cut off to the right and to the bottom. See the attached image. I have also attached a backup of my TLB settings.

#2 is still a problem in 4.4.2. Let me know if there is any other information I can provide you in order to sort this out.

Thanks again,

Neil.
I'm seeing the exact same issue (#2) using v4.4.1 on Windows 7 Pro x64. I haven't had a chance to test v4.4.2 yet.
Thank you very much for bug report. The bug is in the option: TLB Settings->Menu appearance->Flat menus (XP Style). Try to turn on this option.
Much better! the menu no longer cuts off the right and bottom edges of its contents.

However, the bottom-most icon is touching the taskbar. Is there a way to pad this by a margin of a few pixels? A minor issue, but it would look much better.
Try to turn on the option TLB Settings->Menu appearance->Disable toolbar overlap

this option will move menu a bit up. Also you can select the color for the menu border. Also the new skins "* glass" skins have the border.
Actually, i just fixed it by choosing to view as "default" instead of "icons with text" -- no idea why that made the difference, but looks perfect.

thanks for all your help, Yuri.
Thanks for your suggestions, Yuri. Problem solved!