Tordex Community

Full Version: feature req - tear off menu pin to desktop
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Yuri,

When playing with tear off menus, I started to miss the similar and great behavior from the blackbox shell replacement, that might be a minor addition to TLB.
Let me describe how it works there and ask if that can be implemented in later releases or if you intend to deal with it:

As far as I understand, in TLB a tear off menu either has the Auto-close menu flag set or not. It can be changed in the context menu, but what you set will be in effect until you change it again.
  • In BlackBox each menu is an "auto-close" tear off menu, until you pin it to the desktop.
  • You can pin it to the desktop either:
    • by moving it by means of dragging its caption (dragging tear off menu by its caption does work with TLB, but won't pin it to the desktop)
    • or by right-clicking the caption,
    • or by pressing Insert while the mouse is over the menu. This is also important, because people might hide the caption.
      [/list:u]
    • A menu that is pinned to the desktop can be hidden from the desktop:
      • by right-clicking the caption again,
      • or by pressing Insert again with the mouse over the menu.
        [/list:u]
      • None of these actions change the default behavior of any menus, they remain auto-close menus until these steps are done with them.[/list:u]

Of course the same pinning/hiding can be done with any of the submenus on any level without having an effect on the behavior of the upper or lower level of menus. So I can open my 3rd level menu like
        • Folders
          • Music
            • Pink Floyd[/list:u][/list:u][/list:u] pin it to the desktop, and Folders and Music menus will get hidden, Pink Floyd menu will stay.

Is it something that could be done in TLB?

cheers
              szekelya
With you can make menu tear off by 3 ways:
1) Drag the menu caption
2) Press CTRL+T
3) Press the button on the caption (you must to enable buttons on the caption)

I guess this is almost the same, isn't? Maybe I need to add the auto-close button on the caption, only.