Tordex Community

Full Version: TLB triggers the recent programs on the start menu
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I noticed that when I click on a program from any menu or link on TLB, the program is added to the recent programs listed on the start menu.

Is this intentional, and is there any way to prevent this behavior?

Now that I have TLB, I use the start menu only for the less important programs installed...
I don't want to see "firefox" listed there Smile
This is the default Windows behavior. Windows update the recent programs automatically. Anyway if you don't want to see the firefox, right-click it in the start menu and select "Remove from this list".
Naturally I know I can do that, but

1) it gets re-added as soon as I call the program again
2) there are a dozen programs or more I wouldn't want to reappear in the start menu since I call them from TLB.

I thought there might be a solution, since programs like TuneUp utilities allow to customize the list of the programs that appear in the recent programs on the start menu. The only problem with that solution is that it is a bit tedious to set up, plus is permanent, and has to be manually reverted in case one changes his mind.
Instead, TLB could do it automagically, based on its own list of program shortcuts...