Tordex Community

Full Version: Bug: Net Monitor - No Update
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Network Monitor is not updating the [diagram?] where type = HorzRow and field = inload or outload. Occurs on all standard skins where this feature exists. -- Windows 7, 64-bit Ultimate.

Workaround to get it to function?
By default the Network monitor uses the link speed as upper value for network load. So if you have 100Mbit connection speed, but using 6Mbit only, the diagrams can be empty.

You can to customize connections in the Network Properties. Select the "Connections" page, add the connection you want to customize. Select this connection in the list and select the in/outbound and set the bandwidth limits. You can use "Auto" or "Custom" (with custom bandwidth limit in Bytes/sec)
That works great for typical NIC.

However, I have a "Teamed" NIC and it never updates/displays with "Auto/Custom," I'm not sure what TLB is looking at. The IPs of the team are 192.168.1.101 and 192.168.1.102 with the team having the IP of 192.168.1.102, see the attached image.

[attachment=1554]

If I change all in/out to "Auto" I typically get no indication of activity (INLOAD, OUTLOAD). Only on a rare refresh will there be a 'flash' of the correct information. If set to Custom = 0, I'd expect to see the entire range filled if there was any data activity as it should then report 100%, but it doesn't. I don't know if it's choking on my specified server NIC, or the Team. There are three physical NICs and four virtual NICs (7 in total).

It's interesting to note the "preview" in the Network Monitor Properties, displays the "light' area, so one would think it would function.

WHERE can I get a copy of the *syntax* for netmonskin.ini?

Example:
Code:
[diagram2]
type = Light
filltype = solid
picture = up.png
field = SOMERECEIVED
pos = 51 24
size = 10 10

[diagram3]
type = HorzRow
picture = download.png
field = INLOAD
pos = 9 15
size = 17 2
tile = 1
I've published the description of the skins here.

Please can you post your skin here. I'll try it on my side.
I found the source of why I wasn't receiving data on values and nothing was being updated. The "Customized connections" were created, then later at another time, recently, the sources were renamed. Apparently Net Monitor is unable to recognize if there is a source connection that has been renamed. Would be nice to have an enhancement where the connections TLB Net Monitor is able to recognize the original source doesn't exist and take appropriate action; such as providing the current connection list and pick the connection or something.

What are your thoughts?
Yes, you are right. If the connection recreated network monitor lost it and handle as new not customized. I'll try to fix this problem.
(04-11-2012, 03:19 PM)Yuri Kobets Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, you are right. If the connection recreated network monitor lost it and handle as new not customized. I'll try to fix this problem.
Thank you, Sir!