Tordex Community

Full Version: Make Screenshot: set resolution
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Dear friends,

Is it possible to change the resolution of the captured image? I don't seem to find a setting for that, not even in the registry.

By looking at image properties, the resolution is apparently set to 72 dpi. Most image conversion programs, such as Abbyy FineReader, cannot do any decent OCR if the resolution is less than 300 dpi. More than that is not needed, as it would not significantly enhance the result.

Typically, I would need to extract images from false PDFs (a PDF from scanned pages of documents) and turn it into something that is editable with Word, whilst maintaining the layout.

The results of the images that are created from the capturing tool that comes with Abbyy FR itself are not satisfactory. Same for SolidTools.

Best regards,
I'm sorry but this is imposible.
Pity, Yuri, but thank you for your response.

AbdulRahiem
Make Screenshot copies the screen point by point and resulting picture contain exactly the same pixel as screen. To make picture with 300 DPI you have to scale the picture.