Tordex Community

Full Version: Calculator v3.0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Calculator v3.0 is released for True Launch Bar.

Changes:
* Added keyboard support
* Added hotkey support to activate the plugin
* Added option to align the calculator plugin in the menu
* Some minor changes

[Image: 207.jpg]

How to add the calculator to the menu and use it with the keyboard.

Download Calculator
Home page
I seem to be having an issue with the new Calculator v3.0. I installed it but it's not showing up under the "NEW" menu to add the plugin. So there is no way to add it and use it. I also restarted my computer but still no Calculator plugin showing anywhere.

I am using True Launch bar 6.5.5 Beta

Any ideas?
(11-22-2013, 06:30 PM)gate1975mlm Wrote: [ -> ]it's not showing up under the "NEW" menu to add the plugin ...

Me too. How are we to access it?
I also have 6.5.5

Brian
Sorry for this bug. I've pushed version 3.1. Now it must be listed in the NEW submenu. Please let me know if something wrong.

Thank you very much for bug report.
(11-23-2013, 01:06 AM)Yuri Kobets Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry for this bug. I've pushed version 3.1. Now it must be listed in the NEW submenu. Please let me know if something wrong.

Thank you very much for bug report.

Download link used but the .exe file has the same name as 3.0
Installed it and report No change.
Do you have a direct link to 3.1?
Here is the direct link:
http://download.truelaunchbar.com/install/tlbcalc.exe

It must be a 3.1 now.
How to add the calculator to the menu and use it with the keyboard.

Got it. Thanks
Hi Yuri,

I have a some questions about the new calculator 3.1.

When you first open the calculator the keyboard does not work right away. You always need to click anywhere on the calculator to activate it. Is there anyway you can fix this so when the calculator is opened it is automatically activated so the numbers on the keyboard work?

Also I have noticed when the calculator is closed it remembers your last entered numbers the next time you open it. Is there anyway to have the calculator reset back to zero when the calculator is reopened? For example I see there is a refresh option when you right click on the calculator. Would it be possible to add a new option for the refresh button to be activated every time you reopen the calculator?

Thanks Smile
(11-24-2013, 09:53 AM)gate1975mlm Wrote: [ -> ]I have noticed when the calculator is closed it remembers your last entered numbers the next time you open it. Is there anyway to have the calculator reset back to zero when the calculator is reopened?
I prefer the way it is, as I can retain calculations after returning from getting figures in another app.
Quote:I prefer the way it is, as I can retain calculations after returning from getting figures in another app.
OK, I'll add option. So you can clear or not clear results.

Quote:When you first open the calculator the keyboard does not work right away. You always need to click anywhere on the calculator to activate it. Is there anyway you can fix this so when the calculator is opened it is automatically activated so the numbers on the keyboard work?
I'll try to make something with this. There are some limitation in TLB. I have to make the Calculator plugin as "plugin with menu" Confused

Anyway, the using hotkey can solve this problem right now Wink
(11-25-2013, 02:05 PM)Yuri Kobets Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:I prefer the way it is, as I can retain calculations after returning from getting figures in another app.
OK, I'll add option. So you can clear or not clear results.

Quote:When you first open the calculator the keyboard does not work right away. You always need to click anywhere on the calculator to activate it. Is there anyway you can fix this so when the calculator is opened it is automatically activated so the numbers on the keyboard work?
I'll try to make something with this. There are some limitation in TLB. I have to make the Calculator plugin as "plugin with menu" Confused

Anyway, the using hotkey can solve this problem right now Wink

Sounds good Smile

Thanks Yuri
Hi Yuri,

Have a few more requests for the Calculator plugin.

Would it be possible to add a feature to show for example 25+ over the first number entered into the Calculator? So for example when you do 25 + 25 you would see each number that you are adding. The Windows 7 default Calculator does this. See screenshot to better understand what I mean.

Also would it be at all possible to make a different Calculator skin with more or less buttons? Are the skins for the Calculator plugin very hard to make? I am not a programer so I no I would not be able to make one myself. But if I showed you screenshot of a Calculator design could you make it for the Calculator plugin?

Thanks again for all your hard work and making the TLB so great! Smile

Quote:Would it be possible to add a feature to show for example 25+ over the first number entered into the Calculator? So for example when you do 25 + 25 you would see each number that you are adding. The Windows 7 default Calculator does this. See screenshot to better understand what I mean.
I'll add this feature. Thank you for suggestion.

Quote:Also would it be at all possible to make a different Calculator skin with more or less buttons? Are the skins for the Calculator plugin very hard to make? I am not a programer so I no I would not be able to make one myself. But if I showed you screenshot of a Calculator design could you make it for the Calculator plugin?
It is not so hard to make the skins. Take any pre-installed skin, copy into new folder, replace the background and button images with yours and write new sizes positions into in CalculatorSkin.ini

Also note: even skin does not have a visual button, you can still use the keyboard to "press button".
Hello I had one more feature request if at all possible.

Would you be able to change the "number font" to font that does not have the "little spaces" and also use a darker black? However I want the font size to remain the same as it currently is in the True Launch Bar calculator Smile

Basically just like the Windows 7 default built in calculator. I just want the font to be solid without those spaces and a darker black while remaining the same font size as true launch bar currently is.

Looking forward to the updated calculator Smile
Pages: 1 2