Tordex Community

Full Version: MailMonitor: edit button tip text?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I would like to change the text in the MailMon button tip from "There are no new messages" to something else. I used the Copy Tip Source control to see the HTML script, but I don't know where that is stored. Can I edit the tip text?
"Copy Tip Source" just copy the tip HTML content into clipboard. This can be used to create the CSS styles for tips.

If you want to change any text in TLB or plugins, you can use the translation tools for True Launch Bar. Just select English language and modify any text.
Sorry, but I can't find the file that contains the CSS styles. I ran the translator, but saw no CSS styles and no tooltip captions in the mailmon materials. I saw all of the English expressions used in the control panels for mailmon, but no HTML anywhere. Can you tell me how to find the source CSS file for the "There are no new messages" script?

If this is too much trouble, please forget it. I can live with the original text.

Thanks for your kindness.
I swear I have opened every xml, css, and even dll file (with UILIB contents easy to find in the dlls) in every folder that contains TLB or Tordex files on this machine, and I can't find that tooltip text. I have used the translator, and haven't found the text in the mailmon project files. I haven't opened any exe files, and I don't plan to.

Could you just tell me where to look for that tooltip text?

When I right-click the icon and choose Appearance, there is no "Change Description" for my Mail Monitor icon-button. (There is none for the Clipboard Manager, either, so I think there is never a "Change Description" option for buttons that get their "Description" from a program file. Now I just need to FIND the file for my Mail Monitor. By the way, I changed the caption from "Mail Monitor" to "Live Mail." I don't think that's important, though.

Thanks very much for your patience with my requests.

Dan
I'm sorry. I've checked the text of tooltips are hardcoded and can't be changed.

I'm working on updated version of this plugin. So I'll fix this.
Thank you, Yuri. The TLB is the smartest utility on my machines, and the toolbar plugins are beautifully designed. Even without changes to them.

You can't please all of the people all of the time -- but it's clear that you're always willing to try!

Dan