Tordex Community

Full Version: Saving Icons in backups
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I may not be understanding, but:

I set up a new TLB install, with nothing in the C:\Users\CWBillow\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\~~images~~\icons

folder.

Then I set up several items with specific icons from several folders, andthen backed up the TLB setup.

I had expected to see the icons in the TLB icon folder after backup, but I didn't.

How/where are the icons saved with the backup? Is it during a restore that the icons are then placed in that folder?

Regards,
Chuck Billow
(11-12-2015, 11:41 PM)CWBillow Wrote: [ -> ]I may not be understanding, but:

I set up a new TLB install, with nothing in the C:\Users\CWBillow\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\~~images~~\icons

folder.

Then I set up several items with specific icons from several folders, andthen backed up the TLB setup.

I had expected to see the icons in the TLB icon folder after backup, but I didn't.

How/where are the icons saved with the backup? Is it during a restore that the icons are then placed in that folder?

Regards,
Chuck Billow

This time I didn't even set up the C:\Users\CWBillow\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\~~images~~\icons folder.

I just went ahead and selected icons from various folders. The I backed up RLB. The folder is still not there.

I thought originally when I started using TLB that the folder was set up during installation.

Has this changed? How can I be sure that customized icons etc. will be saved with the backup?

Regards,
Chuck Billow
True Launch Bar saves all files inside the toolbar folder, including all icons from ~~icons~~ folder.

But there are some notes about ~~icons~~ folder:
  1. ~~icons~~ folder is for saved icons. So when you select "Save icon with toolbar" in the "Select Icon" dialog box, TLB will copy icon into this folder
  2. TLB can copy the icons in the single file formats. For example *.ico and *.png. But it is impossible to copy icons, selected from *.exe or *.dll files
  3. Each toolbar have own ~~icons~~. If you select icon from ~~icons~~ folder of other toolbar TLB will not save it in the backup