Tordex Community

Full Version: Virtual Desktop v.0.1 beta - has been released
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Virtual Desktop v.0.1 beta has been released.

Virtual Desktop plugin allow you to create some virtual desktops on your computer and run programs in its own desktop. You can easy switch between desktops. Using this plugin you can expand your workspace, use one desktop to write documents other for websurfing!!!

Download Virtual Desktop
or use TLB LiveUpdate to install this plugin.
Promising work, Yuri. I'm using it.

I don't know what features you are planning to add, but I would need this:

1. A way to organize and move applications between virtual desktops. A simple interface similar to that in MultiDesk 3.90 is sufficient - http://www.siliconrealms.com/mdeskinfo.htm

2. Hot key support, like Ctrl+1, Ctrl+2, Ctrl+3, ... (or customizable) to switch between desktops.

3. Skins support.
I agree with all of tb's suggestions, and add a few of my own.
First, it would be handy to be able to switch between desktops by placing the mouse at the screen's edge for a couple of seconds. For instance, if you're on desktop 1, placing the mouse at the bottom edge of the screen for a couple seconds would switch to desktop 3 (and maybe move mouse to top edge of screen, or re-center it?). Placing the mouse at the top right corner of desktop 3 would switch to desktop 2, etc.
Second, it would be helpful to have a sort of "thumbnail" of the appoximate relative size and positions of windows within each desktop. This could be something as simple as little rectangles with a different color border/fill from the rest of the desktop buttons.
Third, if you have a release before you implement skinning support (if you plan on supporting skins), could you please add the option of changing the font color?

All in all, a very useful little plugin Smile
Oh, and one other suggestion. It would be very nice if VD remembered which programs you like to run on which desktop, so that when you start up a program, it is automatically placed on the right desktop. In a related suggestion, it might also be nice to have an option you could turn on or off that allows VD to switch to a desktop any time a new window opens in that desktop.