Tordex Community

Full Version: Shortcut to disconnect from the net?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello Smile

I made shortcuts for my firewall, anti-virus program, Webwasher and my dial-up connection, and grouped them.
I then enabled "Run All" so I can launch them all when I connect to the net (and don't have to have any of them starting with Windows). Smile
I have now made a group identical to this one, the difference being that when I "Run All" it ends/stops all the programs.
The only thing I'm not able to do is create a shortcut to stop my connection. :/
Is there a way to do it?

Thanks in advance,
I talked too soon.
The only program I can actually stop is Sygate Personal Firewall Pro by using
"D:\Program Files\Sygate\Smc.exe" -stop
as a shortcut. ???
Any idea how I can stop Norton Anti-Virus and WebWasher too (as well as disconnect from the net)?
Which OS are you using?
Windows 2000 Pro on my lappy, XP Home on my desktop.
WAAHOOOO!!! Big Grin

I've found a command line tool (whatever that is) that can "Kill" any process!!
Well, it was able to kill Norton Anti-Virus and WebWasher anyway. Wink

You can read about it and download it from here: KillP

For those of you interested this is how to set it up (I'll use Webwasher as an example):
- make a copy of killp.exe in the folder where the program you want to end is installed; in this example, "C:\Program Files\Webwasher".
- create a shortcut to the copy of killp.exe you just made. i.e, "C:\Program Files\Webwasher\killp.exe"
- right-click on the shortcut, choose "properties".
- at the end of the target path (after the quotation mark), add a space then the name of the program you want to end.
"C:\Program Files\Webwasher\killp.exe" wwasher.exe
(you can also change the icon if you want)

Done! Wink

Now I only have to find a way to hang-up my dial-up connection. Smile
Quote:Now I only have to find a way to hang-up my dial-up connection.
This is simple Wink
rasdial /DISCONNECT

You will find rasdial.exe inside your SYSTEM32 folder.
Thanks Yuri, you're the master. Big Grin
Shall I start calling you Yodi? Wink
This brings me to make a new feature request: adding "Enable Run All" to folders options. Smile