Tordex Community

Full Version: Simple and tiny proxy server :)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A simple, tiny and resource efficient proxy server. Big Grin

Its main (if not only) purpose would be to block user selected sites (using regular expressions) from downloading anything to your pc.
Its main use: blocking ad servers, banners, etc etc.

I know that there are proxy servers already available, but it'd be nice to have a resource-conscious one integrated to TLB.
I'm currently using the free version of WebWasher but it can be heavy on system resources. I have also tried Proxomitron Wink
Maybe a "Small Tool" instead of a plug-in. Smile
"Small Tool" is much better Wink
What was wrong with proxomitron? I use that right now religiously.
M3wThr33, I've tried Proxomitron on both my desktop running XP and laptop running W2K Pro, and it didn't seem to work.
The test page was telling me it wasn't running (when it actually was). ???
I first set-up my browsers (Phoenix 0.5 and IE6) to connect via port 8118, and then changed both Proxomitron (config file) and my browsers to 8080.
It looked like a "A simple, tiny and resource efficient proxy server" so if you know what I might have done wrong please let me know. Wink
Well, in IE6 you go check Lan settings, and check the box for Auto-detect and the bottom two. In it put localhost and the port is 8080.