Tordex Community

Full Version: To do list/ Calendar
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The only thing I can think that would make TLB even better would be if it had a calendar/to do list available in it.

Even just a small notes plugin kind of like QuickNotes (but with the button in the taskbar).

Not sure how hard it would be... possible?
I think TLB would be the perfect environment for a to-do list. The plugin could sit alongside other menu objects, with variable size according to the number of items in the list.

Ordering, ticking and adding notes to tasks and sub-tasks would be nice. Oh, and a customizable icon for each item :p

/Mark

Check out My Reality Bar for an integrated idea about this todo list. This guy made Outlook come alive from the system tray. You could load up any section of OL from it or just create items on the fly, figuring out where they go later. Glance did the same thing. I think it'd be great to have something like that as a plug in rather than a systray item. Why have another Calendar/todo list unless it links to your main one?

http://www.mavininteractive.com/mrb.htm is his site.
Hmm, I don't use outlook so that one would be useless for me Sad

mark76uk: yeah, sub-menus and checking off completed tasks would be great! Smile
If you can find example of such a program I think that always helps to give Mr. Kobets a better idea of what you are meaning.
cmishima Wrote:If you can find example of such a program I think that always helps to give Mr. Kobets a better idea of what you are meaning.
Hello,

This beautifully simple example is the best I know of. Too many options, and you are better using paper and pen Smile

/Mark
Oh yeah. I have been trying to find a suitable reminder replacement for Outlook. I have gone through a few different programs I don't seem to care for. I am looking for a replacement because I don't like having Outlook open all the time, or I may forget to start it up when the system is booted. Also, having it open and even suppressing send/recieve dialog, it continues to display gosh darnit! Very annoying druing gameplay cause it wants to take focus.

So, today, I thought why not see if it can be made to a TrueLaunchBar plugin?!?! It would fit right in just nicely with all the other great plugins. I came across this post and figured To do list, Calendar, and reminder seem to fall within one category.

What I was originally thinking it could do (and already stated here) was to pull the information from Outlook itself without Outlook running. That way everything is in one location--Outlook. True, not everyone uses Outlook, so perhaps there could be an option to embed Outlook or have a standalone to-do list/calendar/reminder.

Personally, I really like having everything in one spot, specifically Outlook. This is one reason I do not really want to move to a 3rd party program for reminders, but I really am annoyed with the send receive dialog popping-up every now and then and I forget to open Outlook and the time passes through my reminder and I'm not reminded.

So far, xReminder looks like my best solution so far.

I think the best exemple to a todo/notepad plugin would be Nullsoft's Safesex (or Sex), check it out here and here.