Tordex Community

Full Version: Alpha testing - version 2.2.0.2 alpha
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Testing need!
Here is preview of new version of True Launch Bar (alpha version) Note this version is not enough tested. Some features can cause bug.

Here is list of changes:
* "Collapse after run" for separator is replaced by "Auto collapse". Now group is collapsed after closing menu too
* "Find target" menu item to to open target file of the selected shortcut
* "Open in explorer" menu item to find selected file in explorer
* Added "Show all hidden" menu item to show all hidden items at once
* Changing font of menu items
* Dropping shortcuts into collapsed group now expand group
* Fixed: Impossible to create plugin button inside Virtual Folders
* Fixed: Items for new menu does not sorted
* Hot key for separators to actifate Run All
* New: 'Real' Multicolumns layout for menus
* New: All layout data and menu options now saved using XML format
* New: Open previous menu after operations like Rename, Delete, Change Icon etc.
* The same files from User Profile and from All Users can be duplicated
* WIN key support for hot keys

The TLB settings dialog box is still uses tree structure but will be changed into other layout in the beta release. Also try the Multicolumn layout - now it work as must Wink

This version uses other way to save layout data. Now all data are saved into tlbdata.xml file (XML format). You can see these files using IE. This feature also must be tested. If you find that TLB do not save settings for items or resort items, please let me know.

Download version 2.2.0.2 alpha

Installation:
1) Close ALL TLB toolbars
2) Log off/log on
3) Replace 2 dll's in TLB installation folder from downloaded file
4) Open TLB again

Waiting for comments Smile
HOT HOT HOT

Wow Yuri - how impressive! We will send a detailed report in soon. Hey Everyone, try it out now!

Ahem......now back to our normal reserved selves.
I am now testing True Launch Bar (alpha version)

The installation has proceeded correctly.

However as I reported in February EDIT in AUTO SENSING toolbar still does not function.

This is function is important to the correct usage of auto sensing and I hope it can be corrected soon.

Thank you.
So far, looking good. Multiple column bug in folders is gone. Virtual folders work correct so far with different max menu heights. Thanks Yuri. Big Grin

Do we have to remove any tlbdata files on our computer since you switched to XML format?
Alpha version feedback - True Launch Bar settings window

- Please allow the TLB settings window to be resized. This would help the user to easily see all the options.

- There should be a command to COLLAPSE and EXPAND all settings.

- TLB settings should remember the state of COLLAPSE or EXPANDED. Now the default is to always return to all expanded EXCEPT for the accessability tree which always returns to the COLLAPSED state.

Thank you.
Quote:- Please allow the TLB settings window to be resized. This would help the user to easily see all the options.

- There should be a command to COLLAPSE and EXPAND all settings.

- TLB settings should remember the state of COLLAPSE or EXPANDED. Now the default is to always return to all expanded EXCEPT for the accessability tree which always returns to the COLLAPSED state.
The TLB Settings dialog box will be redesigned like suggested in this topic by mark76uk.

Quote:Do we have to remove any tlbdata files on our computer since you switched to XML format?
Yes this is possible if in same folder exists tlbdata.xml file.

Quote:However as I reported in February EDIT in AUTO SENSING toolbar still does not function.

This is function is important to the correct usage of auto sensing and I hope it can be corrected soon.
Yes I remember about this bug. I'll correct this.
Hello Yuri

Remember we have two set-ups both with 98SE. On our computer that does work well, the new Alpha works well including all the display-related color/skin changes and sizes.

If only we could figure out what is wrong with the other computer in that the colors in settings do not work. We are sure it is a corrupted or missing Windows file, but which one?
Quote:If only we could figure out what is wrong with the other computer in that the colors in settings do not work. We are sure it is a corrupted or missing Windows file, but which one?
Do you have problems with alpha version too on the second computer?

Edited By Yuri Kobets on May 28 2003 at 18:04
Yuri - on the "good" computer the alpha works perfectly. Also on this "good" computer the last beta was working perfectly also. Smile
Nice, little hard getting use to new options menu but more of an unfamiliar thing than anything else.

Mouse scroll wheel does not move option list down though.

Mouse Wheel works fine on my options list. I have installed intellimouse software.
Using Logitech MX700 and their software, go figure
Also mouse wheel does not work on ours. Mouse=HP
...:::My System Info:::...
Windows Version: Microsoft Windows XP Professional version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 1

Shell Version:6.0.2800.1106
Internet Explorer Version: 6.0.2800.1106
TLB version: 2.2.0.2

It looks like a cool XP feature - ClearType - doesn't works on menu items... Everywhere font are smooth but not in TLB...
Is it a bug?
NilColor Wrote:It looks like a cool XP feature - ClearType - doesn't works on menu items... Everywhere font are smooth but not in TLB...
Is it a bug?
OK. With alpha 2.2.0.3 ClearType is working Big Grin
Thanx a lot