Tordex Community

Full Version: Msn messenger 6 plugin - Plugin that displays your online friends
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How about a msn messenger plugin that displays your online contacts or your "favorite contacts"

it would be nice to have a simple menu to list my friends, click one and have a messenger window open to start chatting ...

now i have to bring messenger to the front first ...

just an idea
I second this request! Good Idea!

I think it's not very easy...
I know Microsoft has an MSN Messenger API available on their site (it uses COM), so it might not be that difficult.
yes you can also call the api of msn itself to get a list of contacts ...
its not that much code to write .. but im not a c++ programmer Confused

here is an article how to get a list (its vb though)

http://www.msnfanatic.be/index.p....E_id=20
o I thought they didn't have api for it Smile then this would be nice
zertox Wrote:yes you can also call the api of msn itself to get a list of contacts ...
its not that much code to write .. but im not a c++ programmer Confused

here is an article how to get a list (its vb though)

http://www.msnfanatic.be/index.p....E_id=20
Thanks for information Wink
*hopes to see an msn plugin soon*
We have just gotten into instant messenging and to have a plug-in to select any messenger service would be terrific. Some services we know of that can do most im's areTrillion,Miranda &Gaim.
I already use Trillian Pro 2.0 for that function. I'd rather not see Yuri spend his time working on a feature that is more suited to other programs.
What I'd like to see is the ability to use IM contacts like shortcuts, so they could be easily organized in popup TLB menus, then with a click, send a message to that person (or group of people). However, in the meantime, I'm happy with Trillian.

I'd be even happier with the ability to put my system tray in a TLB menu Wink
On an unreleated topic, I'd like to see Winamp 5 dock the doohickey video window to the toolbar, like the Windows Media Player.